113

It was lucky that she didn't fall down at the last moment.

A figure rushed up from the doorway of the attic and took her firmly in his arms.

Xie Zhen looked up with fear and trepidation, just in time to see Yan Yu's tight jaw and thin lips puckered into a line. His arm tightened, as if he was frightened by what had just happened and was still trembling slightly. His back was straight, but he took care of her. He didn't strangle her, but carefully took her in his arms, which were both gentle and firm.

Yan Yu coldly glanced at the stairs, then expressionlessly picked up Xie Zhen and gently put him on the ground.

When the few of them on the stairs came into contact with his gaze, they felt a chill run down their spines.

Especially Chen Yingxue and Gu Ruyi, who were guilty of standing at the same place, unable to even speak.

Chen Yingxue's fall was not on purpose, it was just that she clearly had the chance to hold onto the railing or pull servant maids who was at the side. However, the moment she fell, she saw Xie Zhen, who was walking at the very front, pounce towards Gu Ruyi without her even knowing why.

She thought, if Yan Yu rejected her because Xie Zhen was pregnant, then if this child no longer existed, would it change?

Now that she was stared at by Yan Yu, hse immediately became clear-headed, and her hands were covered in cold sweat from fear.

She should be glad that Xie Zhen was alright. Otherwise, if anything bad had happened to Xie Zhen and the child, Yan Yu would not easily let her off.

As for Yan Yao'an ... All of the surrounding servant maids s could see that she did not act to save Yan Yu just now. If Gu Ruyi had told her earlier, she would definitely not have a good ending in front of him.

Why didn't she hold Gu Ruyi back?

There was no other reason but that she had always been angry at Gu Ruyi in her heart.

She never forgave Gu Ruyi from beginning to end.

If Gu Ruyi had not gotten too close to her and she had bumped into him, she would not have been in such a hurry to ask the father to marry her. In the end, she would have been disgusted by him and made it impossible for her to marry him. Yan Yao'an would sometimes daydream about what kind of woman Xie Rong would marry in the future. Did he like Gu Ruyi? As she thought about it, she was swallowed up by jealousy.

If Gu Ruyi crashed Xie Zhen down today, and something happened to Xie Zhen and the child, Gu Ruyi would definitely be involved as well, right?

This way, based on the degree of care Xie Rong had for his two younger sisters, he wouldn't be able to marry her.

At that time, Yan Yao'an simply did not have time to think about it, and this idea passed by in a flash. Now that she had calmed down and looked at Xie Zhen's pale white face, guilt filled her heart.

How could she think that? Wasn't Xie Zhen her good sister?

How could she harm her for her own selfish sake?

Gu Ruyi and Xie Xun had gone down to pay their respects to Xie Zhen's situation, only she was standing hesitantly on the stairs. She didn't know whether to go up or down, and only felt that she didn't have the face to see them again.

Yan Yu seemed to have sensed something and turned to look up the stairs. The black cold eyes seemed to be able to see through everything, causing Yan Yao'an's limbs to turn cold, she almost thought that he had seen through his thoughts.

It was not a small thing that An Wang Fei was hit by someone and almost fell down from the stairs. To put it bluntly, someone had attempted to murder the wangfei and the son of the crown prince. They had ulterior motives and were vicious; to put it cruelly, they had accidentally failed to step on the princess' foot and had accidentally knocked over the An Wang Fei. to see what the An Wang wants to do with it.