Collect the Snow (Part 2)

C74: Collect the Snow (Part 2)

Except for a little dust on her face, Xie Xun did seem to be all right.

A pair of sparkling eyes, embedded in the grey protrusion of her face, appeared increasingly bright.

She came up to Xie Zhen and seemed to be avoiding something. " sis, let's go back, I'm so tired."

Xie Zhen nodded and invited Zhong Rou into the mansion, "sister Zhong, come in too."

Today, they had gone to the governoner's mansion, and she had no idea what the result would be. After inviting them to the mansion to ask around, they found a way to stay and eat with them.

Zhong Rou didn't refuse. She entered together with them and said to Zhong Shang, "Go home first. Tell our parents that I'll be back later."

Zhong Shang sat on his horse, looking down at the three of them, before turning his gaze to Xie Xun. He quickly retracted his gaze and smiled, "Alright."

Then he reined in his horse and turned to leave.

When they returned to Jade Yard, Madam Leng was still sleeping. Xie Xun washed her face, and changed to clean clothes with her heart still fluttering with fear. "Did mother actually not figure it out..."

Xie Zhen shook her head and wiped the water off her face with a towel. "What's wrong with your face?"

They were in the inner room, and Zhong Rou was sitting in the hall. It was only because of the conversation between the two sisters that she had no scruples.

"As soon as we reached the gate of the mansion, Brother Zhong Shang said that my face was too white for anyone to see through, so he painted my face with dirt from the roadside. He said that was the only way."

"..."

Xie Zhen repeated asking, "nothing really happened?"

She shook her head like a rattle.

Xie Zhen couldn't believe it. She led her outside and sat in separate chairs.

Xie Zhen asked Zhong Rou again, and was relieved to learn that nothing had happened.

"Did Ah Xun see the servant maid of Miss Lin's? Was she the one who pushed you into the water that day?"

Xie Xun said "yes". "She belongs to the second miss of Lin family."

When she arrived at the governor's mansion with Zhong Rou, they unexpectedly encountered the Lin's miss at the door who was about to go out.

When she was in the carriage, her hands and feet were cold. Seeing her expression, Zhong Rou didn't let her enter the mansion and instead made her wait at the entrance.

She sat obediently in the carriage and waited for half an hour. Zhong Rou could not get away, so Zhong Shang came out of the mansion first.

Xie Zhen clenched her teeth and was too angry to hold her teacup: "This Lin Family ..."

"It's shameless! How could they use a girl to vent their anger on matters concerning officials ..."

Zhong Rou nodded, agreeing with her. "It is."

However, even though they knew it was the Lin Family who did it, they did not have any conclusive evidence. Thus, they were unable to make a move against them for now.

The Lin Family had been on the cusp of a storm recently, and everyone in the imperial court was watching them. The Lin Family was worried that the emperor had sent people to investigate about Lin Ruii's embezzlement, and it would not be long before a disaster befell the entire Lin Family.