19: Suffering

Just as Wang Laosi opened his mouth, "No ..."

Behind the squire's back, a head poked out, boyish and unshakable: "I smell Ah Zhen, they must be here!"

Wang Laosi thought to himself, does this brat have a dog nose? He can even smell it ... As he was thinking, he slipped through the crack in the door and stood in the yard, shouting, "Ah Zhen, Ah Yu, are you there?"

Soon, Xie Zhen and Li Yu came out of the house with faces full of disbelief.

They had never thought that someone would come here, and this person was Gao Xun. How did he find me? Xie Zhen was so moved that tears welled up in her eyes, and she took the initiative to rush over and join him. "How did you know we were here? Only you are here? Where's my father and mother? Where are they?"

Gao Xun took out a piece of silk he had prepared earlier and wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes. "I came with my parents. They're nearby. We've been searching this hill for an entire morning and we've finally found you ... Don't cry, Uncle and Auntie are fine, but they're worried about you. Alright, you guys quickly come back with me."

She nodded and calmed herself down, and then pulled Li Yu over. She said to Gao Xun, "Brother Xiao Yu is injured. We need to find a doctor for him as soon as possible when we get back."

Gao Xun didn't ignore it, so he hurriedly ordered a servant to go back to Temple of Puning to get a doctor, so as to avoid wasting time.

When he was done, he realized that both of them were wearing coarse hemp, especially the ponytail on Xie Zhen's head. At first glance, they really did look like little girls from the countryside. It was just that her appearance was too beautiful, and she could not conceal her natural wealth and noble temperament no matter how hard she tried.

Gao Xun looked at their attire and could not help but ask with his handsome face, "Why are you guys wearing this set of clothes?"

Xie Zhen opened her arms, and said reluctantly, "our clothes have been cut by the grass. Aunt Yang lent them to us..."

Madam Wang Yang's daughter was one year younger than her. Her clothes were smaller on her body, revealing her delicate white wrists. Under the sunlight, they were as white as white jade. It was just that her wrist had been scratched with several red lines from the rough cloth. Her skin was delicate and delicate, making her unable to wear such rough clothes. However, after wearing it for the entire night, there was not a single word of complaint.

Gao Xun clearly wanted to look at her hands, but he had no choice but to hold himself back. His face was red as he said, "The carriage is at the village entrance. I will bring you there right away."

As he was leaving, Xie Zhen said "hold on".

She searched her entire body and only found a small jade-green fish. She didn't know if it was worth money or not. He could only ask Gao Wenshu, "Do you have any money with you?"

Gao Xun was too focused on finding them. Where would he find the money? He could not bear to disappoint him, so he searched every guard, barely gathering seven or eight taels of silver and dozens of copper coins. He fumbled around on his own body, found a jade ginseng pendant and a small pearl, and handed them all to her. "Only these valuable things, what are you going to do with them?"

She grinned gratefully. "I'll tell you later!"

She turned around and ran under the eaves. Lady Wang Yang and her two children were standing in front of the door of the living room. Xie Zhen held a handful of gold and silver jewelry in front of her, and her smile was as bright as a small sun: "Aunt Yang, these are all for you. Thank you for treating big brother Xiao Yu, and thank you for letting us eat and sleep!"