23: Agreement

When the kite left her hand, Xie Zhen reached out and said, "Hey, my kite..."

She was afraid that the kite would break, so she tried to struggle free of Li Yu's grip and climb down the ladder.

But Li Yu wanted to say a few words to her and refused to let her go. He grabbed her hand tightly. "I'm not done speaking!"

He didn't control his grip, and the pain in her wrist stopped him with a groan. Fortunately, the kite was caught by the maidservants below, so it didn't break. She felt assured and turned to face Li Yu: "What else do you want to say to me?"

The ladder shook a little from the pull, startling the women below, and they held the ladder a little harder.

The two kids were lying on the top of the wall, surrounded by servants. They were extremely nervous for them, and the two of them didn't know what they were suffering for. They were still talking to each other as if there was no one around.

When Xie Zhen looked down and saw a red mark on her wrist, her mouth curled up.

In the sunlight, her skin was like bitty cream, white and tender, almost transparent. Only the piece that Li Yu held in his hands turned red. It was incongruous compared to other places, especially her pitiful expression, which made it seem as if he was bullying her.

Li Yu hadn't thought that she would be so weak. He had only lightly gripped her hand, how could he have hurt her?

He pulled her hand over and rubbed it. "Does it hurt?"

"Leave me alone." She pulled his hand back and tucked her hand under her sleeve.

She was still angry with him, not sure if it was because he hurt her or because he had left her in the study the last time. Actually, she wasn't a narrow-minded girl. Normally, she wouldn't be angry, but once she got angry, it would be extremely difficult to hiss her off.

Li Yu hadn't coaxed or apologized to anyone before. Even after several attempts, he still couldn't say those three words.

He wouldn't let her go. She was a little dizzy from the sun.

"What are you trying to tell me?" she asked.

He was not used to her not bothering him anymore.

Li Yu said, "My family has bought a new courtyard outside the city. The scenery there is good, and it is suitable for flying a kite."

No response.

Didn't she understand what he meant? Why is she so stupid!

Li Yu was a little angry. He stared at her fiercely: "Didn't you want to fly a kite? Your courtyard is so small, how can you fly a kite?"

Xie Zhen:"......"
"..."

After a while, Li Yu's face turned even redder when she looked at him. He turned his head, revealing only his red ears. "I can take you there."

Was he inviting her?

"Why is your face so red?" Xie Zhen revealed his embarassment.

He raised his arm to cover half of his face, revealing only a pair of sword-shaped eyebrows and a pair of glittering eyes. "Are you going?"

Xie Zhen was curious, and she couldn't help taking a few more glances.

She thought for a moment, then asked seriously, "Will you leave me alone?"

Li Yu lowered his arm and said decisively, "No, I won't."

"What about your cousin?"

"She won't go."