107

Seeing that, all the soldiers were shocked, as they immediately rushed forward: "Chiliarch Gao ...."

He was covered in arrows and his clothes were soaked with blood. He was wearing a black coat, so it was not obvious, but the blood that flowed from the horse's back to the ground proved how serious his injury was. His face was pale as he tightly held onto the wound on his chest: "Let's go back!"

One of them wanted to help him up, but he dodged it.

The group turned back the way they had come. With the First Prince's men chasing them from behind, no one dared to relax as they galloped back to Lanling City. Others were more or less lightly injured, but none of them had suffered as much as Gao Xun. He stared straight ahead and held his breath as he rode the horse through the moat. When he reached the gate, he leaned over, closed his eyes and finally fell off the horse.

"Chiliarch Gao!"

The instant he closed his eyes, he seemed to hear Xie Zhen calling his name by his ear.

"Big Brother Gao Xun?"

The voice was so soft and sweet that it made his heart pound.

He remembered the first time they met. That was in his yard, when she turned her head with a smile, and her cheeks were soft and clear. At that time, he thought, even the little fairy in the painting wouldn't be as beautiful as her ...

"Who are you?"

"My name is Ah Zhen."

"I've heard all that you've said. Have you heard anything else?"

He told her funny stories just to see more of her smiling face. In the blink of an eye, twelve years had passed, from the age of seven to nineteen. At that time, Little Fairy had become the wife of another, and it no longer had anything to do with him.

She advised him to look for other girls.

But he only wanted her alone ...

Gao Xun's whole body was in pain, but his heart still throbbed in pain. He had had this problem ever since he came to Orchid Mountain Range. Thinking about Xie Zhen made his heart ache, he had to spend a lot of energy everyday in order to not think about Xie Zhen. He thought that he would be able to let go of her and find a virtuous and gentle girl to spend the rest of his life with, just as she had said. If he couldn't do it now, he might not be able to do it in the future.

His eyes were moist and his throat was sweet. He tilted his head and spat out a mouthful of blood.

When Gao Xun was sent back to the army camp, he only had one last breath left.

There were two fatal injuries on his body, one on his chest and one on his neck. He was clearly unconscious and did not even have the strength to speak, yet his hands were tightly clutching the blueprints he had obtained from the First Prince. When the soldiers carried him back to the tent, Zhong Shang was fidgeting inside, walking back and forth.

When he opened the tent, his pupils suddenly shrank when he saw Gao Xun.

The Military Doctor followed behind him. He did not have time to report the situation to, and immediately followed him to the bedside to treat Gao Xun's wounds. But where else would there be a good place? His entire body was riddled with holes, and blood kept oozing out. He couldn't even block it.

The two military doctors hastily pulled out arrows for him to stop bleeding. Although the injuries on their arms and legs were healed, they didn't dare to recklessly move the arrows on their chest and neck.

Zhong Shang regained his senses, grabbed a soldier by the side and asked: "What's going on? How did he get so injured? "

His brows were cold and filled with rage.