38: To Be A Concubine or Wife

It is not without reason that Emperor Yuan Hui doted on the sixth prince Yan Yu. In the early years, Imperial concubine Hui was favoured, and the empress was sickly, so Imperial concubine Hui managed the harem on her behalf.

If not for the fact that Yan Yu had been taken out of the palace after he was born, it was likely that the person who would become the Crown Prince would not be the current Second Prince, but him.

After so many years of exile, after Emperor Yuan Hui found out the truth, he tried every means to find him back.

Unfortunately, it was obstructed until he was seven or eight years old.

When he returned to the palace, Emperor Yuan Hui originally wanted to change his name, but he refused it fiercely. In the end, Emperor Yuan Hui had to compromise, keeping his original name, only changing his surname from Li Yu to Yan Yu.

At that time, he was like a frightened bird, not used to coming to the palace. Emperor Yuan Hui cared him, so he tried his best to compensate him.

Fortunately, with the help of imperial concubine Hui's teachings, he gradually got used to the life in the palace, and gradually recovered to his normal child's appearance.

It was a pity that when he was ten years old, imperial concubine Hui passed away. Ever since then, his temperament had changed greatly. He was extremely taciturn, to the point where he almost spoke to no one.

Yan Tao liked him with his ability, so he recruited him into his team. Only after a few years did he improve. At least, he wouldn't always keep a cold face.

Of course, it didn't get too good. As his closest brother, even the Crown Prince and the Seventh Prince rarely saw him reveal his emotions. It was as if he was a completely different person from when he had just entered the palace.

At that time, he was like a small beast that had not been trained properly. He would bite anyone he saw, and at any moment, all the fur on his body would stand on end as he rampaged around with injuries all over his body.

Now that his wounds are healed, leaving scars on his heart, people didn't know how he's been unless he's willing to open them for them to see.

Just as he was speaking, a servant came in from outside the courtyard and reported, "Your Highness, the sixth prince is here."

Yan Tao put down his glass, "Quick, welcome him in."

Not long later, Yan Yu walked in from the door. He wore a long green persimmon robe with a jade sash hook tied around his waist. His figure was tall and slender, and he walked in a hurry.

He looked around and roughly saw how many people were in the room, and who were. He then walked over to Yan Tao and saluted, "Second Brother."

Today was a banquet, so there was no need to pay attention to the etiquette. Yan Tao quickly helped him up and asked the servant maids to prepare a new set of dishes, "Sixth Brother, why are you so late?"

"I heard from Seventh Brother that you asked father to build a mansion outside the palace. and father agreed."

Nothing had happened in the past few days. Therefore, Yan Tao had not seen him for a few days, so he did not know that he was going to build a mansion.

No wonder he felt that he hadn't seen him for days. So he was busy with such an important matter without making a sound ...

Yan Tao smiled. It seems that something has happened to this sixth brother. Otherwise, based on his personality, he definitely wouldn't have thought of these things.

Yan Yu sat beside him. As soon as he sat down, a maidsservant poured a cup of wine into the white porcelain wine cup in front of him.

Holding the cup, he raised his head and gulped it down in one gulp. "Seventh Brother is right. I won't hide it from Second Brother. It is true."