25: Growing Up

When Xie Zhen got home, she was frustrated for days.

Li Yu left without a word. He didn't even say goodbye.

Did he really hate her? Then why invited her to fly a kite? After thinking about it for a few days, she still couldn't figure it out. In the end, she made herself sick and laid on the bed for more than ten days.

She used to be a little chubby, but now she was skinny.

When she got better, she had the goose kite put away in the storehouse, and she never took it out again. Once, when she was passing by a corner in the backyard, she had someone bring her a ladder. She laid on the top of it and stared at the courtyard for a long time before silently climbing down again. She snuggled in Leng's arms for a long time without making a sound.

"Li Yu is gone, but Gao Xun is still here." Madam Leng felt her sadness, "Gao Xun has been looking for you these days. Why don't you see him? "

Ever since Gao Xun learned that Li Yu had left without saying a word, he had complained about him to the depths of his bones, scolding him from head to toe.

"I'm suffering, Mother," she said gloomily.

At such a young age, she actually knew what suffering meant. Madam Leng couldn't help but laugh as she kissed the space between her eyebrows. "What's the big deal? There will be more people leaving you in the future, how can you care about any of them? Do you know what it means that people come and people go, little lamb? "

She raised her wet eyes. "A lot of people?"

Leng nodded, "There are so many people in everyone's life, some coming, some leaving. This is normal, we can't avoid it."

"What do you mean, normal?"

"It's a very normal thing," said Madam Leng.

She thought for a moment. Was it normal for brother Xiao Yu to leave?

She hugged Madam Leng's waist, still brooding over one thing: "But brother Xiaoyu said he hates me."

Madam Leng brushed her nose, slowly saying, "Didn't you often say that you hate brother Xiao Yu? Do you really hate him? '

She was silent, a little boyishly stubborn. "I didn't hate him, but I hate him when he left."

Madam Leng laughed softly, pretending to be relieved. "Well, that's enough. You guys are even. You don't owe each other anything."

Xie Zhen looked up, blinking, and suddenly felt that her words made sense.

Her gloomy mood improved as she grinned and leaned towards Leng, saying tiredly, "Mum, Kiss me ..."

Madam Leng let out a "you" with a helpless expression, but a smile appeared on her face.

Gao Xun came to the Li Mansion several times, but never saw Xie Zhen.

On this day, he persevered and did not expect to be invited to Spring Flower Dock. Surprised and flustered, he hurried over, just in time to see Xie Zhen swinging slowly by herself.

He stepped forward and said cheerfully, "Ah Zhen!"

She looked up and smiled at him. He didn't think the flowers around him looked as good as she did.

The swing brought her forward, then swung slowly back and stopped. He saw that she had lost a lot of weight, and the flesh on her face had reduced. When she smiled, a faint pear vortex appeared on both sides of her, making her look so beautiful.

Xie Zhen pointed to another swing and said generously, "Ah Xun is not here. You can ride on her swing."

Gao Xun sat on it, "I thought you didn't want to see me again."