35: Light Sleep

Xie Xun looked at Xie Zhen, and then at Li Yu, said. "Who's this?"

Since she was young, her words had no power.

But she wasn't stupid. She knew the man was scaring her sister because she saw displeasure in Xie Zhen's face.

"It's Li Yu," he had to release Xie Zhen, and explained to her.

Xie Xun remembered him a little. When she was young, she liked to pester Xie Zhen, and Xie Zhen liked to pester him. As time went by, Xie Xun got to remember him.

She was young and remembered two people in her childhood, one was Gao Xun and the other was him, both of whom had an inextricable relationship with Xie Zhen.

She had bad impression of Li Yu. Probably because he had been bad to Xie Zhen, and he had strived for Xie Zhen's favour with her, who had then mysteriously disappeared, making her sister feel bad for a while.

When she heard he was Li Yu, she looked him up and down, recklessly snatching Xie Zhen away from him and protecting her behind her back. "Why did you come back?"

"What do you want to do with my sister?"

Li Yu had to stop and look at Xie Zhen behind her. "I'm just saying a few words to her."

"What are you talking about?"

"Must you be so close?"

Xie Xun gave him a suspicious glance, then pulled Xie Zhen back. "sis, let's go, brother's coming back, let's not talk to him."

As Xie Zhen followed her, she couldn't help but glance back.

Li Yu stood on the spot, slightly pursing his lips as he stared at her without moving.

He saw that she was smiling lightly. Her eyes were delicate, and her face was pretty pink, like a blooming red lotus flower. Her beauty was extreme, making people's hearts palpitate with eagerness.

Her smile was sly and triumphant, her lips parted, and she spat out a few words in silence.

"I hate you too."

Li Yu's pupils constricted, and he almost couldn't hold it in any longer and he really wanted to bring her back.

....

The little bastard.

On the other side of the woods, Xie Rong happened to find the happy and contented Princess He Yi by the stream.

Yan Yao'an was currently stepping on a rock as she crossed the river. She held onto her skirt, jumping from one rock to the other rock. Her skirt seemed oblivious to being splashed by the water, so she played around with herself with great gusto.

She had been trapped in the palace for years, forced to learn the rules of etiquette, and had long been bored out of her mind.

Deep in her bones, she had a sort of wildness. She didn't like being restrained, so there would always be plenty of trouble at the palace, giving His Majesty quite a headache.

However, the emperor had pampered her. Even if imperial concubine Hui was gone, no one would dare criticize her for teaching her a lesson. This was the reason why today, she'd developed a willful and unruly temperament.

For example, today in the woods, she had left whenever she wanted, regardless of her own safety, regardless of whether or not she would cause trouble for others, and only caring about her own happiness.

The maids on the shore wanted to cry but had no tears. "Princess, shouldn't you go back ..."

She raised her head and smiled. "Why should I?"