62: Cousin

In front of the sixth prince's Mansion, a mother and a daughter were arguing with the servant.

Their clothes were old and yellow by washing, but they were barely clean.

It was probably a long journey on the road. Both of them looked tired, especially the older one, who seemed to be on the verge of fainting.

Since he had not got the master's order, so the servant outside the door naturally did not dare to let them in.

No matter what they said or how much of a ruckus they made, they just wouldn't let them go.

Yan Yu arrived just in time to hear a female voice argue: "We are not frauds!"

The servant were already impatient. If it wasn't for the fact that they were women, they would have treated them with their fists and legs already. He angrily said, "You're not a fraud?"

"How could Your Highness have cousins like you from far away? Where did you from, the royal family, nobles, end up like this?"

There were many people at the door, pointing at the mother and daughter. Most of the people had the same opinion as this servant and did not believe their words.

steward Zhao rushed over with Yan Yu. He was worried that the news would spread and cause trouble, so he quickly ordered servants to chase away the crowd.

The mother and the daughter pair immediately quieted down from their excitement and looked at Yan Yu, who was standing behind the steward, without saying a word.

The young girl carefully examined his appearance. From his eyebrows to his eyes, from his nose to his mouth, she didn't dare to miss a thing.

After a long moment, as if to confirm something from his face, she spoke hesitantly, "Cou...cousin?"

This girl was Ouyang Yi.

Ouyang Yi was tall and slender, with a pair of raised eyebrows that were exactly the same as those she had been when she was young. She carried a sense of heroic spirit.

Perhaps it was due to the sharpening of the edges of life that she no longer had the arrogance and confidence as she had when she was a child. In front of Yan Yu, she actually seemed a little nervous and helpless.

It was not difficult to recognize Yan Yu. He hadn't changed much. Other than his height rapidly rising up, everything else was almost the same as when he was young.

For example, when his eyes, nose, and mouth were combined together, it was a face that she couldn't be more familiar with.

That was why Ouyang Yi recognized him as soon as she saw him on the street. She secretly followed him while he rode the horse and saw him walk into the sixth prince's Mansion with her own eyes.

Ouyang Yi was shocked at first, thinking that she had recognized the wrong person. He just had Li Yu's look...

However, after inquiring, she found out that the sixth prince was named Yu, and her hope was rekindled.

How could it be so coincidental?

What had happened after he and the uncle and aunt fled?

Ouyang Yi had been observing secretly from outside the door for several days. From every single action and demeanor he took, she felt more and more that he was Li Yu from back then.

After she told it to her mother, Madam Li, Madam Li naturally didn't believe her and even said that she was too exhausted to think properly.

After the Li family left, their lives weren't easy. Madam Li rented a small room to do needlework for living. As time passed, Madam Li's eyes gradually became disabled, so she changed to washing clothes for living.