Chapter Twenty-Nine

Ally's POV:
As soon as I pulled into our driveway, Dacey rushed out of the car and into my house.

She knew where, we hidden our spare key. Right on top of the door frame. Where I always  find or retrieve the key, when neither my parents or Brandon isn't home.

I knew that hers was in a plant pot, next to the door.

Original, right?

I heard her mutter a quick 'hi' to my parents before running up to stairs to my room.

Super-hearing does come handy at times.

A few seconds later, a black car pulled into the driveway.

About time!

Maybe Liam was driving slowly to give Dacey some breathing space.

That's actually sweet of him to care so much about, Dacey as to actually drive at a reasonable speed.

Guys tend to like to go 7 miles, over the limit instead of under 7...

I watched as Brandon rushed out of the car and went towards the door.

I move my feet faster though, so I could beat him there.

"Brandon! Wait!" I said as I blocked the door.

"No, I have to go inside first and talk to her."

Knowing who 'her' was, I replied. "Just give Dacey some time to ingest and clear her mind, ok."

I gave him serious look for I gave him, the puppy eyes as he tried to push me aside.

Who knew that being a Lycian makes you stronger that your older brother, uh.

I'm starting to enjoy this...

He just gave up after a few minutes as blocking his way, seeing that it was just plain useless to try to budge me.

"Fine!" Brandon said accepted defeat. "Look, just tell her, that...I really need to talk to her so. Ok..." With those words, I let him trough.

I trusted him to not go rushing up to my room right away.

I peeked inside and saw him go downstairs instead.

Good bro.

I turned over to Liam to see him leaning against his car, he seemed deep in thought.

He seemed to like leaning on things...

I cleared my throat to pull his attention towards me.

I tried not to laugh as he jumped a bit, making him loose his balance. Slide down the side of the car and do a face plant into the ground.

"Ouch." He spoke.

I failed to contain my laugh and double over, clutching my stomach and trying to get some air into my lungs, but not out of them.

His face!

WAS PRICELESS!

Why am I thinking this to myself?

"Your...face! ...So.....funny!" I managed to say between the chuckles.

So that's why I kept it to myself, I can't speak right now...

"Hahaha! Hilarious, is it?" He asked.

"Yep!" I answered, ignoring the sarcasm. That dropped from his words.

I wiped the tears, that were forming my face. Than looked up at Liam.

He had a bloody nose and was wiping dirt away from his face.