Chapter Thirty

Dacey's POV:
I saw Brandon, perk up a bit. When he saw me.

He doesn't look angry or mad...I guess, that's good thing.

Maybe he may forgive me? But I'm not ready to find out at this point.

There were two open seats, one next to Brandon and one next to Mrs. Hernandez.

Aw, she's so sweet.

She even put out and extra chair for me.

Ally took the spot next to Brandon and I gave her a grateful, smile.

I took my seat between Ally and her mom then looked over the table.

They all looked like such a happy family....

Unlike mine, my family never looks like this. Except for me and my mom.

They look happy and complete.

So unlike mine...

Ally must have a sixth sense for me, because she smiles at me in a supporting way. Tried to get my mind off of things.

"Were having spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread or toast for a side for dinner.

I forgot to ask you if you wanted any, but I'm pretty sure you're hungry after your long day..." She trailed off, a hopeful look on her face.

There's my best friend! Trying to cheer me up!

"Of course, I would love some!"

They passed the big bowl of noddle's of spaghetti around.

I took a bite out of it as soon as I served myself some, trying to ignore the person two seats down from me.

At least some of the pain was gone for now, because he was so close...

I slurped and chewed the spaghetti slowly.

It had such an amazing flavor!

It had been so long since the last time that, I tasted Mrs. Hernandez's cooking or anyone cooking.

I haven't ate anything decent for the last few months, since my dad showed up and cause a uproar.

Right now, this is not an issue. I am free and happy.

As this is like heaven on earth.

So yummy and balanced.

"The is amazing Mrs. Hernandez! You have got to give me the delicious recipe!"

She chuckled, probably at the fact. That I sounded,  just like my mother when I said that.

The first time my mom stayed here for dinner, she said the same thing about the lasagna we ate that day.

I miss my mom... I hope she'll be okay and she will pull through, now that my horrible father is out of the picture.

"Sure thing, hun! Just don't forget the love that's in it!" She replied.

"Of course! I can never forget the most important part!" I played along, mostly for the sake of just talking.

Small talk about the weather might follow next...

"So, Dace. Do you get the Art project?" Ally asked.

She so knew every detail about it! I knew she was trying to get my mind full, so I wouldn't think about everything around me.

"Dace?" I laughed.

"Yep!"

"Yeah, Dacey is just such a mouthful. Right?" I asked sarcastically.