Chapter Forty-Six

Ally's POV:
My eyes flashed open, awakening me from another dreamless sleep.

There is no reason to have dreams. But I did have one about Liam's in all of them, so they won't come true.

Wow, Talk about depressing...

I glanced over at my clock and it was 4:30 am.

Lovely. That's another thing that has been happening. I keep waking up hours earlier, each morning.

I like my sleep, but now. I just can't get it!

I sighed and pushed myself off my bed. I stripped out of my clothes and shifted to my wolf form.

I liked to go running when I wake up early, it helps get my mind off of things. But sadly, there is only one way out,

The window.

I can't risk my mom or Carlos seeing me, so I have to jump out my window. Lovely, yet again.

As I passed my mirror, I caught a glimpse of my white fur. I didn't even stop to stare back at the overgrown dog, that I knew would be looking back at me. I guess that I've just gotten used to my second body.

I pushed my window open and looked down. A two-story drop...

Gulp...

Why did I have to be afraid of heights?

UGH!

I shut my eyes tightly before jumping out. I heard a loud *thud* and peeked a bit to see that I was safely standing on the solid ground.

PHEW!!!

At times like this, I feel so lucky to be a Lycian. Well, if you think about it, I wouldn't be in this mess if I wasn't a freaking donkey-eating werewolf!

I don't know, if being a shifter is really. That good is a thing...

I sighed and started to run towards some trees. It was pretty dark and the streets, were deserted. But it never hurt to be safe.

As soon as my bright fur was hidden from plain sight, I started to run.

I don't know where, I just let my wild instincts take over. It felt so good...

I could feel the fresh, crisp Minnesotan wind picking at my fur. Making small shivers run through my body, my muscles were starting to burn of pain.

But it didn't matter to me. I just needed time to thinkand for that, I needed a clear head. This was perfect for that.

Actually, no. I wasn't going to think. It would just ruin my moment. All I need to do is relax. Be worry-free for once.

I don't know how or when, but I managed to end up back in my room.

According to the clock, it was almost 6am.

I shifted back with eased and took a quick shower. I had to put the warm water up all the way. It might have been burning to someone else, but to me it was barely hurting me as it felt like warm milk for newborn.

Yep, another Lycian thing, High body temperature.

I hopped out and got dressed in another skimpy outfit that Darcy had picked out for me, as I grabbed my stuff, along with my trombone.

I went down to the kitchen just in time to see Brandon and Carlos walk out the door.

Wow, that was a close one. Brandon still doesn't know about my revenge on Liam. It's only day two though.

'Speaking/Thinking about Liam, weren't you going to talk to him today?' the snobby part of my brain reminded me.

'Maybe, NOW GO THE 'EFF AWAY!'

'We-'

"ALLY!" Dacey's shouting cutting my Brain off.

"HUH? WHATS IS IT, WOMANLY DOG?" I said in the same tone as her.

She let out a small chuckle before answering, "I asked you, if there something was wrong. I heard some talking up in you room last night."

My body shook up and wonder if I should, tell her? I don't want her to worry...

"Ye-Nope! Everything is fine!" Very believable Darcy, very believable....

She arched an eyebrow at me, clearly no trusting a word I said.

"Really? It seems like-"

"Please can we not talk about Henry?" I cut her off.

Oh no...Did I, just say Henry to Darcy?

Shit!

"Henry? who said anything about Henry?"

"I... Just...Umm...Can we just....err...talk about, that?" I got out and loss for words.

Yep, she's so going to think. That nothing is wrong.

Note the cat-licking sarcasm.

"Right...Sure, later."

I smiled at her, appreciating the fact. That she didn't push thing farther.

We walked out to the garage and drove off, Darcy driving of course.

"So, it turns out my mom. Is getting out of the hospital today." Dacey commented once we were on the road.

"Really, Dace? That's awesome!"

At least there's something good and to be happy about.

"Yeah, I'm moving back in with her. She's gonna need help, around the house and all." She said half-hearted.

Wow, I almost forget that Darcy doesn't actually live with us...

"Aw, Well I'm sure going to miss you. And I'm pretty sure you know who, else is going to be missing you." A smirk crawled into my face as she blushed. She always did turn red when the topic changed towards Brandon.

Yet again, the same thing was happening to me when it changed to Liam....

From then on, we settled into a comfortable silence.

What am I going to do today, when I see Liam?

Will he still want to talk to me?

Most importantly,

Will he lie to me?