41

Dave💙
I stood at the door of Ari's hospital room. I let out a loud sigh preparing myself to enter this room. I was nervous as fuck, everything felt more real, I was gonna be a dad and see my baby girl in a few hours.

It still hurts that I can't be with Ari, I love her with everything in me but I fucked up and now I gotta deal with the consequences.

I knocked on the door before opening it and peeping my head through.

"Ooo this must be the daddy, don't worry you haven't missed anything" the nurse said cheerfully. I looked at her giving her a small smile and looked back at Ari as she was crying, I frowned walking up to her.

"What happened, are you ok?" I said wiping her tears. "She in a lot of pain from her contractions" Chantel said as I looked at the nurse.

"Fucking fix it then" I said at the nurse as Ari touched my arm. "It's ok, I already got the epidural, it's just taking a long time to kick in" she said as I nodded my head sitting down.

"Nia is here, I'm gonna bring her up" Chantel said getting up and Ari grabbed my hand to squeezing it.

"Did you call your mom?" She asked me as I nodded. "And your mom and dad too" I said as she gave me a small smile.

"You need me to get you anything?" I asked her as she ignored me and squeezed my hand even tighter.

"She taking her time, she gotta come out right now" Ari said.

"You are 4 centimetres dilated, you gotta reach 10 before we start. Your doing so good, just keep getting through these contractions, I'll check back soon" the nurse said leaving me and Ari alone.

"You named the baby yet?" I asked her as she pouted. "No, I don't know what to call her" she said crying. "It's cool you don't gotta cry" I said wiping a tear from her cheek.

"How about Sariya, I been thinking of that name for some time" I said. "I like that name, Sariya Ashanti Brewster" she said smiling.

-1 hour later-

Ari was munching on some ice as I was dozing off to sleep but trying to stay up. Her epidural had finally kicked in so she had stopped squeezing the life out my hands. Nia, Bully, Chantel, Mama Love and My dad were all in the room.

"Has anyone heard from my mom?" Ari asked breaking the silence. "Baby girl she trying to fly here but there isn't any flights until tomorrow morning" I said as she looked at me frowning.

"But she need to be here, I can't do it if she not here" she said as everyone just looked at her with sympathy feeling bad her mom wasn't here yet.

"You got this Ari, you got your moms strength, use that until she gets here" Nia said as everyone nodded their heads.

"I heard my girl having the baby" Someone said walking in as I saw Tae and Tuson walk in. Ari smiled as she hugged them both.

"Not yet, she taking her time" Ari said laughing. "She don't want to be bothered you better leave that baby alone before she come out a gremlin" Tuson said making us laugh.

Soon the Nurse and Doctor walked in. "Hey Ari, we are just going to check if you have dilated some more" the doctor said as Ari nodded.

They checked her and I watched them closely, I seen the doctor frown before looking at the nurse. "Ari unfortunately you are still 4 centimetres dilated, w-"

All of a sudden the room echoed with beeping. "What the fuck is that?" I asked the Doctor. "We are going to I have to do an emergency C-section" the Doctor said as I stood up. "What the fuck, why?" I asked getting mad.

"The baby's heart isn't beating" she said pointing to the machine. "You all need to leave out the room" she said shooing everyone out. "You too" she told me as I looked at her crazy. "Nah that my baby, I'm staying right here" I said. "You can come back in 5 minutes" she said as I frowned but walked out.

Amaria💞

My mind went blank when the doctor said the baby's heart wasn't beating. I was confused as fuck. All of a sudden a bunch of doctors and nurses rushed in the room.

Soon Dave was allowed in a stood next to me holding my hand.

"I'm scared" I whispered crying to Dave as he kissed my forehead.