Chapter 52

"Merry Christmas!" A voice yelled too early in the morning for me. I was asleep on the living room's floor having landed here beside Joy and Dahyun who cuddled all night, they made me feel miserable. On my other side was the couch Jennie slept on. "I said Merry Christmas! Come on, its Christmas" Jihyo sounded like a kid rushing to open all the windows one by one. Running up and down the stairs yelling: It's Christmas. She had the spirit of a kid but a mind of an adult. She woke us all up with a warm hug.

We all lazily got up and looked outside. It was the perfect day: light snow, Christmas, no articles to worry about and many gifts under the Christmas tree. All us got gifts for everyone here, thirteen girls gifting the other twelve. Big and small gifts were placed there. There has to at least be 132 gifts here it amazes me but it looked as if there were less. Apparently Nayeon and Jeongyeon stayed up all night writing names on paper and putting them in a bowl, the rule was whoever's name gets picked has to gift the person to their right. It was a perfect way to do this in an orderly fashion.

"Dahyun" Her name was pulled out and she turned to face Alice smiling as she stood up and picked up a small box, a peach necklace. So perfect it made her smile widely as she pulled it out.

"Roseanne" I was up and Jennie sat beside me, I grew nervous. What if she doesn't like it as much as I hope she does? What if she ends up hating it? Precisely why I have a receipt for every single gift I bought.

Jennie took the squared shaped box, widely smiling although she hadn't opened it yet. I gifted her a warm sweater, a picture of us both and a perfume. She took me into her arms, embracing me in a warm hug thanking me multiple times as she looked at our picture. We had taken one together the second night we met at the bar the both us so drunk we widely smiled and held the other, like sisters. The next name was called out and so on until all gifts were received. They were all mostly clothing or jewelry. Jennie got me the most, I felt bad for how little I had gotten her. A coffee mug with a cute message written on it, fluffy socks, winter boots that go well with any outfit and on top of that all, the most beautiful necklace with an "R" on it.

As for the other girls, I received a watch, winter pajamas, the sweater I've been wanting gifted by Irene, then there was Tzuyu who was so thoughtful and bought me glasses so the computer wouldn't affect my eyes so much. All twelve gifts I appreciated so much, from a Starbucks gift card to a very expensive watch. I loved them all. We were all so caught up in gifting we skipped all the hugging and "Merry Christmas" morning greetings. The living room had become a mess of wrapping paper and Jeongyeon immediately got a bag after the the last gift was opened. I took my phone out to call Sehun but my heart dropped down to my stomach when I turned it on.

In a millisecond I turned my phone back off and began to panic, I can't react like this in front of the girls. So I excused myself and practically ran into the bathroom my heart attempting to burst out of my chest with one simple little message. What was written wasn't nearly as important as the messenger, Son Y/n. I rested my body against the bathroom door as I opened up my phone again. Though I deleted her number, she still had mine.

Son Y/n

7:23am

*Merry Christmas, Park :)*

I took a second to read back again and again. Three simple words that brought the widest smile to my lips and caused my cheeks to turn tomato red. My body slipped down to the cold bathroom floor, it wasnt just a Christmas message. The girl had kept me in her mind, I hadn't been forgotten. An even wider smile appeared on my face when I realized how early the message had been sent. Almost as if she woke up, opened her phone and went directly to messaging me. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, typing and deleting. This was my chance to ask her to meet me, or how she has been, or just where she is. My fingers had been shaking trying to find the right words to respond with but not wanting to seem desperate by needing to see her again after all this time.