Chapter 7

I felt relieved the second noise in the kitchen woke me up. The morning breeze immediately filled my room when I opened the window. It was a feeling that fully woke me up, filling me with energy and sending slight chills all over my body. The girl hadn't left yet which gives me a good feeling about having coffee with her. I'm not sure if she enjoys the morning with me and I don't know if I do. I'm stuck between liking it, when she's not being rude and hating it simply because she thinks she has the right to say whatever she wants without consequence.

After getting dressed according to the chilly weather, I made my way downstairs. All the ruffling had stopped but I never heard the door open, she's still here. I began to slow down my pace as I could hear her speaking to someone. Her voice was low and quiet, she didn't want to be heard. And whatever it was or whoever she was talking to, it stopped the second she saw me walking into the kitchen. The girl put her phone down quickly and smiled at me, a forced smile. She's definitely hiding something. Not that I care.

"Morning" she said leaning over the counter her silly coffee mug cupped in both of her bony hands. There was a cup of coffee awaiting me just like every other morning. "How'd did you sleep, your highness?"

"Your highness?" I cringed as I took the coffee in my hands and sat.

The girl nodded and took a small slow sip from her coffee and then looked at me. "I've noticed you're fucking insane about being in order and on top of things. You like things your way" she shrugged. Not seeming to notice how rude that seemed to me. I'm not like that. She's making me seem so selfish and uptight. I'm no where near being that way.

"And you don't?" I asked wanting to challenge that careless attitude I haven't get gotten used to. And refuse to do so. The girl furrowed her eyebrows "like things your way?" I add.

"Of course. Don't we all?" She chuckled sitting down still proceeding to drinking coffee. So she's that type of a girl. That kind to not care about who's mood or even life they may ruin. As long as she's happy and satisfied, there isn't a problem. I'm not in the slightest surprised. I shrugged like she previously had and drank my own coffee. The girl shot me a smug smile then looked away. "About the other night" she began.

I immediately swallowed my coffee and looked up at her. The girl was going to a conversation I have no intention in talking about. "Thank you for the coffee and blanket" I quickly cut her off

"Oh yeah. Not a problem. Just return it soon. It's my favorite" she smiled. In some odd way, she goes from being rude, selfish, and ignorant to being quite sweet and charming. It's something that kind of made me mad yet interested.

The girl didn't leave early today. We spent time in some type of comfortable silence. Filled with the sipping of coffee and constant tapping of the girls long fingers against the counter. It's something I didn't find very pleasant listening to. Music never really stuck to me, any form of music wasn't good enough to listen to twice. Much less the repetitive tapping that seemed to follow the same three beats. Eventually I memorized it and could tap along if I wanted to. Of course I won't give her that satisfaction. So I kept drinking coffee in silence.

"What the hell do you do for fun?" She suddenly asked after we both finished our coffees "and do not say reading"

That's funny. I was going to say reading. She looked up at me, smiling knowing she had just taken my one and only answer. Well I like going to parties and drinking a lot of alcohol. Only when I'm with Irene, I can only trust her. The both of us had been friends since freshman year. We never let anyone get in between us. I loved hanging out with her. I guess it's something else I do for fun "I like hanging out with my friends" I say making it plural. Irene had friends which I was partially close with.