Chapter 28

I don’t even know what it is I want to tell her. There’s something I need to get off my chest what is it? I just spoke so suddenly without really knowing where this is going. But Irene seems to have an idea. So I should too. I sat beside her feeling so helpless. My life has come to a total mess. And it’s all my fault. I just don’t know how to tell Irene.

“Roseanne” she says to me. “If this is about Y/n and you with the wedding coming. I can’t blame you for not wanting to do it. Your heart will want what it wants. You cannot control that” her hand was placed on my thigh. Giving me so much comfort.

I didn’t say anything for a while. Not knowing what she meant. “No that’s not what I wanted to say. I want to marry Sehun no doubt there. And I don’t like the girl in the slightest” I say maybe being a little bit too dramatic with my tone and choice of words.

“Sure” Irene smiled at me. Hiding something behind it. As she walked away I stayed behind, sitting down on the bed. Trying to piece together what that smile meant. So I thought of the girl and I. Not just how many times we’ve been together as more than ‘friends’ but how much she’s made me laugh and even comforted me. Compared to Sehun, it makes it look like he does nothing for me. He obviously does. But why is the girl so different to me? I saw the way she interacted with that girl at the bar. Nothing like she talks to me.

Coming to a conclusion about how I feel towards her could potentially ruin me and my relationship as well. Which is exactly why I put it aside and took my book out. Needing a distraction. One that didn’t work at all. I had a very strong urge to go into her room. She was still there. I could hear her music and footsteps. My feet made me stand up and took me to my door. I opened it and took a few seconds to think about what I’m going to do next.

I stepped out of my room and before I could step back inside regretting what I was thinking, the girl’s door was suddenly opened. Making me freeze in place. My feet had made their way before her door. The girl curiously looking at me. No words left my mouth. I felt embarrassed. As if I had been caught red handed. Doing something I shouldn’t be and I am. Before I could say anything, multiple footsteps and male voices were heard coming up the stairs. In that same second I was pulled inside the dark room, the door closing behind me.

“What are you doing?” I asked beginning to panic a bit.

“Me? What were you doing right in front of my room?” She exclaimed turning the lights on. The girl was not mad. Confusion and curiousness filled her tone

I was taken aback by her question. Because I don’t know what I was doing. Nor did I plan to get caught and confront her. “Roseanne” Sehun called. The girl widened her eyes and then put a finger up. Signaling me to not say a thing. Why did this feel so wrong? Like I shouldn’t be in her room. “Roseanne are you in there?” He knocked on my bedroom door. Clearly not getting a response.

Knock knock

Y/n looked back at me and pushed me beside her bed. Making me lay down on her floor. My heart was going a mile a minute. Afraid of getting caught even though nothing wrong was being done. As the door opened I held my breath in. Not wanting to make a single sound.

“Yes?” The girl said. Using an annoyed tone. “Need something?”

I peaked underneath her bed. Being surprised by all the stuff down here. A skateboard, camera, books, trash, shoes. Then I took time to look at her roof. Filled with photographs. And her wall had designs on it. I became even more impressed by how clean her room really was. Then I spotted a box with a heart on it. At the edge of her bed. Well hidden. Clearly Importan to her.

“I was wondering if you’ve seen Roseanne. It’s been a while” Sehun asked.

I begged the girl would lie. Why else would she hide me? “Yes” she said. My heart skipped a beat and in an instant I knew I shouldn’t have come here “she arrived a few minutes ago. I saw her out in the front. Maybe she went for a walk. I’m busy” the tone was cool and extremely believable. The next second the door was closed. Silence filled the room until no more footsteps were heard.