Chapter 36

Jennie and I looked at each other. The both of us seeming very alarmed and frozen. Joy eyeing only me. Her eyes digging deep into my soul. Looking not so innocent anymore. She had heard me. And now I'm more than sure she knows who I'm talking about. I'm an idiot. That was so foolish of me. The frustration got to me and I had practically yelled it out. Even the music seemed to have drowned out by her stare and my beating heart. Jennie then placed her hand on my shoulder. Squishing it in the process. Kicking me out of this trance.

"Her mother. You know how she is" Jennie laughs. Looking at me. Her eyes telling me something. A bright and believable smile on her face. I turned to face Joy who had cooled down and warmly smiled.

"Aww Roseanne" she sighs taking my hand. "You know she always wanted a guy like Sehun. But either way. Who gives a damn. If you're happy, I'm happy. That's all that matters"

I still didn't speak. How did Jennie know how to take over like this? Especially about my mom. It had been the most wild yet accurate guess. Saving me. "I know. Thank you" I returned her smile she gave my hand one last squish before getting up and leaving. Reassuring me that she'll be back at the table. The second she was in the clear and no one else could hear I let my shoulders relax. The music finally going in one ear and out the other. "Jennie. I owe you my life"

"That was nothing. Just glad I wasn't wrong" she laughed. Picking up her glass and taking a small sharp sip. "Oh look speaking of which." Jennie said. Signaling somewhere in the distance. I turned just as the girl had looked at me. Our eyes meeting. She then looked to Jennie and looked away from the both of us. Completely turning around. Her back now facing me. From across the room. "Such a huge club yet she sits directly in view. Just adequate. She wants your attention. You want hers. The only thing stopping you, unfortunately, is a man"

Jennie put everything into perspective. Not the one I want. But the one I needed. She gave me the hard facts but wasn't harsh about it. Meanwhile Irene supported me but softly let's me know I'm doing wrong. Both of them have the same impact but differently. Giving more than just one way to think about things "you know what? I'll take a drink" I say to her. Jennie handed me her glass of whatever liquor fluids were in there and allowed me to welcome it's bitter taste. My throat wanting to throw it all back. "Didn't you spit in here?" I asked after putting it down.

Jennie raised her eyebrows. Seeming a bit alarmed. Her mouth forming an "o" and slowly nodded. Instead of being disgusted I laughed it off. It wasn't her fault nor mine. And it tasted just fine. The liquor was way too strong for anything else to be tasted. Jennie joined me as we laughed too hard for this situation. Her head landing on my shoulder as she clapped her hands. She and I had gotten so close to the other without needing to talk about much. Just personal problems. And we connected. Just like that.

"You know she keeps looking over here" Jennie said after ordering even more shots of tequila. My eyes had been looking everywhere but in the girl's direction. The dance door was now taken over by the blinding lights. And the music slowly got louder. The sun sets and the club is turned up. The night having nothing on it. "Wonder why" she clicked her tongue as she faced me.

I hummed in question. Not knowing what she means. Barely able to hear her over the music. I shrugged and averted my gaze to Irene's table. Jihyo and Hyuna were no longer there. Irene and Lisa were rather doing what I wish to unsee and Alice was with Joy. The both sitting down but nodding their heads to the music. Drinks in their hands. And as I looked at them I caught the girl looking at me. She was with her group of friends. Arm around Sana. And a sudden pang in my gut made me rapidly look away. Feeling angered.

"Both are jealous but stay in the same place" Jennie says to me "Eyes don't lie Roseanne. And if I knew any better, the both of you want each other. So just go for it"