chapter 58

Trusting the girl and her endless directions had me needing gas after a few minutes. She'd tell me to turn left and right repeatedly, Im sure she was messing with me once she cracked a smile at the gas station. Regardless I will trust her until she tells me to stop driving. We didn't speak, the music played at low volume, my eyes were on the road and I could tell her's were on me. Irene's car was warm and the girl didn't have a jacket which reminds me,

"Hyuna bought you a jacket for Christmas."

"And what did you get me?" She challenged.

"That's a surprise I forgot it back at the apartment" I gladly smiled knowing I have caught her off guard.

I sensed when she looked at me for a while as I took an instructed turn and then looked away with a click of the tongue. "Oh fuck I wasn't expecting that." She paused for a few moments. "So you do care" a statement mixed with a question. She knows how I feel and is teasing me. I should be mad, I shouldn't be going out with her but here I am. Like a fool.

Eventually she asked me to stop, the same exact diner she always brings me to. What else could I expect from her? This was better than anything else, I was expecting a fancy and expensive restaurant that Sehun always takes me to, the ones which always make me feel so out of place. But not the girl, she had brought me back here, a diner that makes me comfortable and warm. As soon as we walked in the scent reminded me of our first time here and suddenly, I began to laugh before she lead us to our usual table by the window.

"Remember when you dropped coffee all over you" I managed to speak in between laughs.

"You'll never shut up about that, will you?" She lightly laughed with me. I shook my head and watched as she laid back in her seat, gently fixing her hair with her beautiful tattooed fingers. The way the snow outside flawlessly reflected against her brown eyes and how she looked up at me and locked eyes with a smile that could make me forget it all. Her simple way of being is charming.

"I can't, it was funny"

"Not as funny as you being afraid of my grandpa. Did you hear yourself Roseanne?" She loudly laughed, "Uh yes sir, yes sir, have a good day sir. That was fucking hilarious" the girl mocked me yet again. This time her hands were clapping as she fully sat back letting her loud laughter take over.

My cheeks flushed red yet again, I wanted to forget such embarrassing moment. "Okay I was genuinely scared"

She continued to laugh even louder, having it be so contagious I joined along "Yeah your face said it all"

We ordered our food and drinks, I got whatever she got as we always did that. Despite being here so many times, I barely even knew the menu and went with whatever she's getting. We looked out the window for a few minutes, watching the snow fall, cars pass by and listened to the nice coffee shop music. It was all so calm and for some reason I really enjoyed her quiet company. No rude remarks, no offenses towards me and much less her vulgar language being used against me. Simple peace and quiet.

"So who was the blonde?" No peace and quiet could ever be granted from her.

"A friend from highschool" I quickly responded making it out to seem like a lie. It was indeed a lie. There's nothing wrong with telling her the truth. She raised both her eyebrows questioning me further. I sighed, "she was my girlfriend in highschool" it pained me having those words leave my lips.

The girl took a second to process my words and seemed bothered by the truth "oh" she heavily breathed out. "What were you doing?"

"Trying to talk with her"

"Why did her boyfriend get all violent and aggressive?"

"Because he saw me pull her hand and assumed I was trying to harm her"