Chapter 51

It's Christmas Eve today. I woke up to no noises in the kitchen, it was absolutely quiet in the house. So I took this chance to enjoy a long and warm shower. Our party would be tomorrow it gave us time today to do our final shopping. We all agreed to meet at the mall, Jennie was having second thoughts about it due to her injury but accepted regardless. That means that I would be by her side at all times, helping her and giving her company. I could only imagine the burden she must feel going around like that. If only I hadnt fallen on her, everything would be okay and she wouldnt have to deal with that.

After my shower I knocked at Lisa's bedroom door receiving no response the first three times so I slowly walked in partially closing my eyes as I didn't know what to expect. But I only found them tangled up with each other. Lisa having a full hold of Irene as her face hid at the crook of the older girl's neck. They looked absolutely adorable to me. I would feel bad for waking them but its already 8:30, I gave them an additional ten minutes as I changed into clothes more suited for the weather. Then I woke them up by taking the bed sheets off of their half naked bodies. Immediately, I covered my eyes and they both groaned.

"Irene why would you- '' Lisa then looked at me in surprise then to her girlfriend quickly covering them up once again "Roseanne" she says hiding her face under the covers with red tinted cheeks.

-

"Theres much better ways of waking someone up in the morning" Irene told me when she had gotten up "Which include not invading someone's privacy" I had apologized in embarrassment and left the room. Having them laugh when I closed the door. We made breakfast together and neither of them complained once I played my Christmas playlist. The apartment was now spotless and all that was left to do was for Irene and Lisa to prepare.

On our way out I found two small soft towels near the kitchen and shoved them into my bag without being seen. Something about no telling Lisa I basically stole her towels didn't seem right, yet I closed the door behind me without a second thought. I had to drive separately in Jennie's car so I could drop it off at her house, it was very nice and smoother to drive, perfect for the snow and even the heater was working. Her scent lingered in the air.

The roads were very busy but the car was so easy to drive, I didn't feel as nervous as I usually do. Jennie clearly had a lot of money I could only imagine how simple it is. No job, no needing to worry about bills just living how she wants to. Once we arrived, she was ready to go with a very nice jacket on, warm black pants, long sleeve white shirt and her crutches a long with a bag hanging from her hand. Seeing her made me want to stay home with her and keep her from walking so much.

"You don't have to come like that" Irene says to her.

"I don't want to miss out plus," Jennie then turned and warmly smiled at me "I haven't bought gifts yet"

We got a quick coffee on the way to the mall. All the radio was playing was Christmas songs and I loved it humming along to every single one of them. It's what reminds me of my father, though he was horrible to me, I still cared for him. He was so sweet to my sisters. I don't understand why my parents neglected me so much. Whatever happened to me wasn't my fault.

I did nothing wrong and they hated me.

<Flaskback>

December 25, 2004

Roseanne woke up earlier than anyone inside her house, filled with excitement and joy. The little girl's first instinct was to jump onto Alice, her older sister then on Joy. They both groaned and pushed her off. Roseanne didn't mind, she then proceeded to open every single curtain downstairs. Letting in the light, watching as the snow fell. To her, this was her perfect day; Christmas, light snow and no school.