Chapter 24

The girl starred at me for a few seconds after greeting me. As if just now noticing all the dark make up and costume. I caught her eyes wandering down my body then immediately back up. Making me feel nervous but flustered at the same time. Her friend Dahyun looked terrifying. More than terrifying. The way she smiled was definitely something out of a nightmare. Even her make up was far too well done. Startling me when I first saw her. She had chosen to be Annabelle. And looked like she could be the human version.

“Scare you didn’t I?” She laughed looking at me. I nervously nodded and looked at Joy and Jeongyeon. Neither had a costume on but bought one. I’m guessing it’s for tomorrow night. I saw the girl’s eyes land on Irene and the way she looked at her made me feel uneasy. In a complete different way. Also on Joy and Alice. Feeling the need to end it I cleared my throat and smiled. Jihyo and Hyuna caught up in their own conversation.

“Is that the kid from Coco” Jeongyeon laughed looking at Jihyo with her skeleton make up on. We couldnt tell wether she was teasing, being rude, or just a nice person so Jihyo nodded. Not knowing what to expect from these people. “Very cute and well put together. You should enter the costume contest”

“Pretty sure there’s better than a children’s character but I’m in” she laughed immediately getting a long with her. In my opinion just thinking about the best costume, I only had the girl in mind. Writings on her neck saying “hahaha” and even had the smile well drawn on her hand. Convincing me she drew it just by how psychotic everything looked. On top of that she had contacts on, her eyes looking far more crazy than what they usually do. How did she look so good yet scary at once?

“Shall we go in?” She smiled. Putting out her hand for me to take. I hesitated realizing I had no option if I didn’t want to out us. So I faked the smile and took her hand. Feeling how warm her touch is. Trying to lie to myself and pretend as if I’m not enjoying this. The second we entered a man asked for our Id's. Letting us into a crowd of people in more costumes. Dancing or just drinking. I found it far too early for any of this. The sun just now setting. “The table is this way” the girl turned back to look at me. Her eyes wandering up and down then back to the front. The increase in heat within me can’t go unnoticed by her. Even my palms were sweaty from her touch.

She sat us down and her friends causally joined us. The air between us being so awkward. “Truth or Dare?” Jeongyeon smiles. Receiving a hit from both Joy and Y/n. “Want some drinks?” Her smile looked like it belonged to an innocent child and not here. At a bar. Filled with others like Y/n. We all declined deciding it’s best to wait for the guys.

“Jeong don’t you have a girlfriend? Why are you here?” Dahyun asked.

“Shut up you look fucking creepy. She’s mad at me”

“Nayeon is always mad at you. Why don’t you break up with her?” The girl said. As if she knew anything about committing to a relationship. Jeongyeon shot her a threatening look “I’m joking. Don’t tell her I said that. You probably made her mad. Go apologize”

I chuckled a bit at her actions. Acting like a coward and actually feeling scared. It was quite refreshing. Irene nudged my arm for some reason, making me realize I had been smiling to myself. “You look creepy when you smile” Alice told me.

“Welcome to the club” Dahyun said. Seeming to add extra creepy into her whole look. “I’m the president”

“You’re cute” Joy said. Seeming surprised at her own words and quickly covering her mouth in embarrassment. All of Dahyun’s make up hiding her own blushing cheeks as she smiled. “I actually want some club soda” she quickly said. Recovering and moving on to a complete different topic.

“I thought you were at home” A female voice approached our table. Smiling at us and then turning to frown at Jeongyeon. I then realized she was in a cat costume. “I’m Nayeon. Jeongyeon let’s talk” she calmly said. Pulling her arm out of the able and dragging her off into the crowd. Jeongyeon giving us a scared yet funny look at the same time