Chapter 77

After dinner with Y/n and her family, we sat out on her porch admiring the night sky. She had brought me a cup of warm tea and a blanket that we both shared. The two of us were in silence enjoying each other's presence and the beautiful night. I could feel her every breath and the way she often pulled the blanket to give us more warmth. My body was cold but I felt warm here, with her. Sounds of cars and motors of bikes were often heard in the distance but slowly it all came to a silence.

"I should get back," I sighed when she yawned again.

"Yeah" she nodded in a drowsy manner "I will pick Sam up after school and meet you over there"

"Okay"

I hesitated before bringing myself up with a yawn and small stretch. We had lost track of time doing absolutely nothing but sit together. She accompanied me down the driveway to my car. Before getting on I turned around to look at her and felt tempted. My hands reached for the hem of her shirt pulling her into a kiss. Y/n responded by gently cupping my face deepening the moment. I wanted to kiss her until I couldn't breathe any longer but we had pulled away.

"Goodnight" she smiled at me "Drive safely"

"Goodnight"

After leaving her house with the most idiotic smile on my face, I was supposed to go back to my apartment and fall asleep underneath my brand new blankets and bedsheets. Instead of doing any of that, I made my way to Jennie's doorstep. Last time we talked we still hadn't cleared anything up and the air remained awkward. Now that my hand was hovering before her door, this all felt like a bad idea. Regardless, I knocked and I was surprised by who had opened the door. A young man who was painfully familiar.

"Babe!" He called after smiling at me "I think it's Roseanne"

How does he know who I am?

"Roseanne?" I heard Jennie's voice. This must be her boyfriend. "Oh my god, Roseanne!" She stood in front me and hesitated to give me a hug.

I was welcomed inside and sat on the couch facing her and Josh, her boyfriend. The same guy she had danced with during the wedding. Now that I have Jennie face to face, I don't even know what I'm doing here. All I wanted to do was fix our friendship but it seems like we have both completely ruined it. Everything we did that lead up to that night was completely preventable but I let it happen.

"I've moved in now" I spoke up after a while.

Jennie looked up at me then asked her boyfriend to give us a few minutes alone. This no longer felt right, I should've told Jennie to stay away from the start.

"How are you and Y/n?" it seemed as if she had been dying to directly ask me.

I happily sighed, "We are doing great" Y/n and I are doing more than just great. I never imagined for it to work out so perfectly, I absolutely love every second with her. Not one argument nor disagreement.

"Look, I know we can't erase what happened and even though I despise myself, I would do it again" she broke eye contact and directed her gaze down to my feet "Josh is a great guy and it sucks that I can't like him because of these feelings I have for you. I'm sorry Roseanne, I think I should stay away"

This wasnt at all what I was expecting from her.

"Oh" I was left speechless

"And Y/n has never liked me for a very good reason. You are one of the best and if not, the best person I have ever come across. Hopefully your relationship will give you what you've been yearning for"

I don't have the right to protest against her wishes, I don't even feel like I can tell her anything. My feet helped bring my body up from the couch and I looked at Jennie who gave me the same smile that always comforted me. Tears were threatening to escape my eyes but I pushed them back. There was a lump in my throat which I swallowed before speaking again.