Chapter 21

“Holy crap”

I’m screwed I’m so screwed. And so is the girl. My heart was about to burst out of my chest as I stopped right behind them. I couldn’t see what was in there. I knew exactly what the girl had in there. And if one of them knew what that was, it’s over. Quickly I tried to come up with excuses or lies but not of them would be good enough. I messed up. I had told her she had nothing to worry about. But now the door to her secret had been opened. And I couldn’t do anything to keep it hidden like I had told her I would.

“This is a really nice hang out place” Joy said turning to look at me. Allowing me to see what they were shocked by. The table with hemp on it was gone. Completely. Not trace of illegal doing left behind. I let out a deep breath. Feeling relieved. Remembering what the girl did last night. She had gotten rid of it. A whole step ahead of everyone.

“But it’s not ours so let’s go” I smiled pulling them all back.

“Y/n’s?” Alice asked taking one last look in there before closing the door. I hummed in response. Not being able to feel any more relieved than this. Irene looked at me for a moment before I lead them inside. I’m more than sure she’s curious. I don’t know about what, but I just know she had questions. Questions I’m not meaning to answer. But she’s my best friend. It’s quite impossible to lie to her.

We went straight downstairs stairs finding the guys and Jihyo crowded around the pool table. Cheering and laughing as they watched Daniel go. I never understood this game and I can’t even play it. Holding the stick and hitting the balls is incredibly difficult. Gettin excited about it just wasn’t something I could do. So I sat back on the couch with Alice. We hadn’t gotten time to talk one on one. I was avoiding it. I knew what she would bring up the second she looked at me.

“You don’t take pills any more?” She says.

“I don’t need them and you know it. I appreciate your concern but I’m a full grown woman”

“When was the last time you had a meltdown about it?” Alice was blunt. Seeming to know better. Because she does.

“Years ago” I lied. Just a few days ago it was. But before that it was years ago. The previous one wasn’t as bad as the episodes I used to constantly get. Alice hummed in response “how’s work?” I asked immediately changing the topic.

Alice got so deeply in talking about her job she never mentioned the topic again. Instead she talked about her co workers, boss and just how much she liked it. Well it’s more of an intern ship. Alice wants to be a lawyer. She loved it. And is extremely talented as well. Ever since I can remember she’d lock her self in her room and only come to eat and drink water. All sweaty and worked up. None of her relationships lasted. Her partner would always want Alice to give them more time and attention but she wouldn’t budge and ended them.

I told her about my job and kept the details about my current articles out. I should have gotten a new assignment yesterday and I hadn’t reviewed it yet. Which is what I’m will do before dinner. Hopefully I can get more details about the so called ‘drug dealers’ the articles don’t release until a week after sent in. Meaning I can get the girl a few steps ahead of the public. Giving her a heads up should be enough help to not get caught. Something about protecting her made me smile.

“Babe” Sehun called out to me. “You want to play?” He widely smiled clearly enjoying the time. I’m glad he is. But I declined and sat back as Alice got up and left. The room was loud. Balls hitting each other, the boys cheering, Irene’s weird music, bets going, pure chaos. And I loved it. They are all here to celebrate my weeding.

One thing is off. The girl will be there. Next to Sehun. As we say our vows and agree to spend our life together. Like a smack in the face for going behind his back. And the thought of looking at her as those two words leave my mouth, I do, is making me feel un easy about the whole thing. Of course I still want to marry him but his sister wasn’t supposed to be a part of it. Much less the one who had me going behind my future husband’s back. And for what? The thrill? It’s something about that thrill, I can’t stop.