Chapter 54

<Flashback>

July 24, 2018

That day, Y/n woke up early as usual ready for her daily three mile run, she walked down the stairs with quiet steps not wanting to wake up neither Sam or her Grandparents. Before her jog she stretched, drank water and prepared her music. She ran filled with freedom, the sun just now rising and the air very fresh but warm. Y/n had been running for years now, it keeps her stress levels low and fit. Wearing only a sports bra and shorts she jogged and jogged stopping only a few times. There was a bright smile on her face as she beats her time yet again.

She then got home and took a shower, no one awake quite yet, like every morning. Her grandfather will be up and gone for work before she steps out of the shower. Since its summer, Sam will wake up to the smell of breakfast and her grandma will happily be cooking by Y/n's side before 10am. Their everyday routine. In the afternoon Y/n will be off for work, illegally consuming and selling drugs, coming home late and calling it a day then repeat. Though her job wasnt at all safe, she lived a happy life, being on her feet, making money, and being with a woman at least two times per month. She was fulfilled.

Y/n never felt happier, though she didn't have the safest or even a legal job, though she slept with many women, and though she had to take care of a kid, she was happy for once. She stepped out of the shower already being able to hear her grandmother in the kitchen. Immediately she changed into dry clothes and hurried down greeting her with a hug and kiss on the cheek like always. These past few days she has become so much closer to her grandma, Y/n believed her to be her one and only bestfriend.

"Grandma what do you want to do when you grow older?" Y/n asked once they both finished their meal and Samuel was off with his toys up stairs.

"Im already old Y/n/n" she laughed, the girl admired her wrinkles around her eyes and mouth. How she slightly threw her head back, as if she was still young "I want to watch Sam graduate and you to find love before I die"

Her grandma's one true goal was to watch those two grow up and find a passion. Ever since Y/n graduated high school, she had been waiting for her to come home with a man or woman who could keep her company. And ever since she held Sam for the first time, she wanted to meet the man he will grow up to be. She was only 60, has lots of years ahead of her. "something else" the girl jokingly groaned.

"Let me think" they shared warm smiles before Y/n got up and cleaned up both dishes. "Go ahead and play with Sam for a while. Ill be tidying up the kitchen" there was something in her voice, deep down she felt sudden pangs in her heart.

"You should join us when you're done grams"

"Oh I sure will"

-

She didn't. The kitchen wasn't ever tidied up and instead she sat down in the living room and called her close by neighbor, the same one who took Sam to school. The old woman asked for them to make her an appointment later that evening for the pain in her heart then hung up. By the time the neighbor called back to confirm the appointment, the phone wasn't picked up. It rang and rang until Y/n heard it up stairs. The second she heard the call come in a second time, her heart dropped to the floor. "Is she not going to pick up?" Sam asked his older sister who had panic in her eyes as she sat on the floor, frozen. Then it rang again.

Y/n slowly rose to her feet, her legs feeling week as she carried herself down the hall towards the stairs. Grandma always picks up as soon as she can. Never has she ever let the phone ring for longer than ten seconds and the girl knew that. Deep down, she knew it. "Sam Ill be right up build the lego house for us" her voice came out small and shaky but the boy obliged.