Chapter 66

8 months later

Today had been my final day in that court room. It indeed had been mentally and physically exhausting but with Jennie and Irene driving in every time, I was able to keep my head up attentively listening to every little thing. Today both Alice and Joy had been one with the little court benches. Sehun's lawyer was both more experienced and expensive than my attorney but Wheein, Wheein showed up every time with a cup of coffee in hand wearing a bright colored suit and hair pulled up in a high ponytail.

Without any failure, she would make the floor hers listing out every rule and law that could be used against everyone but me. Overtime the both of us grew quite close to the point she'd take my hand every time I felt nervous and anxious. The opposing side was often left speechless by Jung Wheein who was filled with confidence and wisdom at such young age. Sehun had grown to be so unfledged to the point I was fined for having an affair which consisted of an extra unnecessary and tiring court day.

Keeping Y/n's identity a secret when Sehun insisted it was her was quite infuriating, he was obviously correct. It was better to keep her out of this mess so by the court she was named anonymous and I paid my fine. I lost track of how many times I had been in this same seat. Having to prove what he did to me without any evidence was yet another plate I couldn't carry for munch longer. Especially when his attorney used anything and everything against me, at some point in these eight months I was threatened to jail time for a false accusation against him.

When did he become such a monster?

Many nights were spent laying awake in Hyuna's guest room that had now become my home. Every time I sat in that court room my walls would shrink and I fought to keep my breathing steady. One time I had purposely taken far too many pills and found myself passed out in a hospital bed with my friends and sisters surrounding me. I had felt so defeated and even thought to myself that it would have been better to never wake up from a stupid pill over dosage than to deal with everything.

Time moved so slow and everyday was spent waiting for yet another court date or my meetings with Haseul that kept me right on the edge of giving up or continuing with this. So many times I had locked myself in a bathroom stall after or before court hovering over her contact needing to hear her voice. Eight months ago I didn't believe things could get any worse but damn it, I was proved terribly wrong time and time again.

I appear pale, thin and ill when standing in front of a mirror with heavy dark eye bags and bloodshot eyes starring right at me. I've failed to recognize the woman standing before me in the mirror several times. Even Irene, my own best friend had apologized when bumping into me thinking I was a stranger. Times have gotten better for me and now, now I'm finally a free woman. After court and being set free from Sehun plus all the endless paperwork, we went straight to a bar.

-

I sat besides Jennie the whole time, the same person who never once left my side and always comforted me. My hair was now up to my shoulders with all the things I had to deal with I didn't want my hair to be one of them. Wheein and Haseul had joined us as well and shared a drink together. Though I was set free, I didn't feel any better I remained exhausted and felt as if still hostage. All Sehun had been punished with was 2 weeks in jail and easily, he bailed out. Regardless, I was more than thankful towards Wheein who never stepped down.

"Now what?" Jennie asked. "Are you going to look for her?"

"I've done enough chasing"

"She's worth a short jog"

-

Jennie never confirmed how she felt about me but the many hints she had thrown around were undeniable. We once sat inside her car watching over the city and she told me what the girl had said to her, she didn't deny it nor stay on the topic. But there was a second, one split moment in which our eyes met and hers told me everything. Our friendship had stayed the same and neither of us spoke on that topic. There's many times where I think that maybe being with Jennie would be good for me. She supports, cares and loves me but I don't want to use her.