Chapter 44

We all said our goodbyes. Jennie would not let go of me, she literally climbed onto my back like a koala until Jeongyeon pulled her off. I didn't want to leave Jennie behind. She had become one of the absolute best people in my life without even giving me a second thought. We were drunk at a club, danced and she gave me advice. Now I found myself in tears as I gave her one last hug.

I will not be driving down with Sehun. Instead I joined Irene with my sisters. Then she would drop me off at my apartment. Purposely saving me 5hours from being stuck in a car with Sehun. Jihyo would come with us. Saying bye to the guys wasn't at all hard. Just short hugs. Dohun gave me a fair well for Soyi who didn't want to come down. And it made me feel bad for her. She's going through grief for her own mother. I wish the girl would come down. My eyes kept on looking at her window.

"Is Y/n really not going to say goodbye to me? After walking me down the isle?" Joy exclaimed.

"I'll go get her" Dahyun laughed. Doing whatever would please her girlfriend.

"Well. I'm going to miss you" Jeongyeon said. Staying terribly still. Clearly not good with things like this.

"Come here" Jihyo said pulling both her and Nayeon into a hug

The girl had come down and gave everyone a hug except for me. Not being able to make it so obvious. "Saving the best for last, I see" Alice lightly laughed. "But hurry up. We have a flight to catch up" Sehun met my eyes and then looked between me and the girl who awkwardly stood in front of the other. Avoiding each other's eyes. We have done this many times before. She held me and I held her all night last night. So why can't we do it now? Why is it so hard?

"I'm going to miss you" I say as casually as I could as I pulled her into an awkward hug.

"So will I" she sighed against my neck. Allowing me to feel her hot breath one last time. "Stay safe" she says to us all after we let go. We played it off so casually. Patting each other's backs and smiling as we let go. Hiding what we really felt.

"Yeah. You too" I responded. Backing away and making my way into the car.

"Give me one last hug" Jennie says to me.

She hugged me in such manner I've never felt like this before. I would actually miss her. She's so fun and doesn't hesitate to do what she wants, or say what she thinks. Because she doesn't have much negativity inside her. A free soul. In such little time it felt like I had met my other soulmate, apart from Irene. Who gave me everything so straightforward without being afraid. Jennie is one of a kind. Someone I need by my side. And I can't stand having to leave her.

"We'll see each other soon. Don't make me cry" I lightly laughed. Closing my eyes as I held her closer.

"Okay okay. Call me, a lot and when you get home. Also text me." She says.

"I promise." I looked at the house, workshop and girl one last time before turning my heel to them all. "Bye" I waved from the car as Irene drove away.

That was it. Not only did I leave the girl behind but also all the amazing people I had met. And as I looked out my window in the passenger seat, I slowly fell asleep. Keeping the girl in my mind. A smile on my face just thinking about us. How we had spent all the time together. Happily, upset or kissing. I've never been kissed like the way she kisses me. And I never will. Because I know deep down, I will never come across someone as frustrating, fun and comforting as her. Why can't I move on?

I had woken up, light music on the radio playing. The car quiet. All of them listening to whatever was playing. And I came to the actual realization of never seeing her again. My head banged against the window as I thought more about it. Just how miserable it truly made me feel. No more cup of coffees, no more laughs, arguments and holding the other. She knows exactly how I feel about her and still let me get married. I will not blame her, for it is only my fault for falling. But will I ever fall out of this?