Chapter 23

Although the food was delicious. It wad hard to enjoy. No one spoke. And when they did, it seemed forced. I had ruined the evening. All because I had such little patience left for either of them. Sehun did nothing wrong but his arguing was giving me a headache. I ate in peace. Only caring about my food. Sehun being too immature to apologize. When I raised voice, I directed it to him. The girl wasn’t doing anything wrong and just wanted to recommend something. Yes, she wanted to get under his skin. But Sehun shouldn’t of acted that way.

“Can’t wait for tomorrow” Irene bumped my shoulder being incredibly happy.

“Speaking of which. Roseanne I’ll text you the address. It’s the one I took you to once, I wasn’t allowed in” The girl said joining the conversation. Once again bringing up the fact that we spent a lot of time together. Sehun cleared his throat. “And she’ll send you the address. I don’t have your number” she knowingly smiled. Making me want to slap it right off her face.

We all split the bill and headed home. We ate so much dinner nothing will cross our minds tonight. It wad getting later than usual. The cold time of year getting closer and closer. I spent time with Joy in the kitchen. While everyone was far too exhausted and rested in their rooms. I’m guessing the guys and Y/n also spent a long time finding the right stuff. Suddenly Joy gasped. Scaring me. “Our costumes” she smacked her forehead and looked at the time. It was way too late to go into town now.

“We can do it tomorrow. The party isn’t until 8 don’t worry” I told her knowing how much she loves Halloween.

“Eating at the restaurant was awful. What do Sehun and Y/n have against each other?”

I would tell her the truth if it wasn’t outing the girl. There is actually no reason she’s told me for the hatred she has towards Sehun. But I have a few guesses. One being the fact that her father left and was replaced by Sehun’s father. She’s over looked by Sehun. And they just can’t get along. “Sibling stuff” I shrugged “we should go to sleep. I’m tired” I say being aware of it only being 9. We got home and talked for a bit. Which turned into two whole hours.

“Goodnight. I better be in your dreams” Joy says to me. I hit her arm in a joking manner and went upstairs. Meeting Irene who had just gotten out of the room to take a shower.

While she showered I sat in my bed and looked at the girl’s text. It was just the address. But something about it coming from her, the contact with her name and blurry picture made it hard to stop looking at. There was no doubt Irene knew something was up between the two of us. She knows me too well. But I pushed that away and got ready for bed. Just thinking about the girl being next door made want to go over there and slap her for what she said but at the same time I knew I would fail and end up in her claws again. In frustration I threw my pillow across the room and huffed out.

I quickly picked it up knowing Irene was going to be back and question me about it. Lying to her is close to impossible so I made sure there was nothing to question. The second she entered the room in her pajamas she stood right at the doorway and stopped at the entrance. I was reading my book, on the same page as when I started. Not being able to focus. Irene then looked at me and examined me. Along with the room. Sometimes I feel like she’s some sort of witch. Always knows what’s going on or being able to sense something is wrong without me having to even say anything.

“What’s up with you?” She jumped on the bed. Laying her head on my stomach. Starring right up at the ceiling. Creeping me out just a bit.

“Wedding nerves” this wasn’t a lie. But it wasn’t the whole truth. If it doesn’t count as a whole lie than it can’t be considered one.

Irene sighed and stayed silent. Admiring my ceiling. Being so light that I could barely feel the weight of her head on me “everything will turn out great. You love him, he loves you. Not all days will be nice and loving some may be spent in boredom or silence. Doesn’t mean your love for each other is any less. As long as the commitment is there. Nothing can go wrong. Stop worrying about that. He’s the luckiest guy. I can tell you that” she then sat up beside me. Smiling.