Chapter 8

A woman like you, a woman like me.

The girl referred to me as a woman. She’s a year younger than me, a grown woman but the term doesn’t fit her. Unlike me, she’s not lady like nor matured. The term “woman” doesn’t suit her. The way she used it with me, made me feel flustered. She doesn’t break promises, specially with woman like me. What does this mean? And why does it flatter me to the point my cheeks remain red and so does the slight smile on my face as I strongly hold on to her. Both for my safety and some comfort.

I was too afraid to lift my head up. My eyes stayed closed, pressed against her back, just like my body is. The drive was slow and steady. Not like the first. I felt a bit more safe. I see she kept her promise. And it made me smile even more. I wonder how she feels. Having me so close. Well I couldn’t care less of course, just a bit curious. Or maybe I’m one of the many people she has had on here. So it’s no big deal to her. Or to me for that matter. The girl was steady whenever we came to a stop, turned and just in general. She had driven into a really small town nearby. Not even ten minutes away.

“We are here” she said tapping my hands again. The gesture made me shy just like the first time and I immediately let go. “Did I keep my promise?” The girl took her helmet off and fixed her hair once again. For some reason it’s something I find quite, attractive?

“You could of done better” I shrugged as I got off, looking for ways to bother her. Fortunately my answer wasn’t taken seriously and she laughed it off resting her helmet on the seat.

We were parked in a nearly empty parking lot. Very small too. There was a super market, a pizza place, a tattoo shop and a small breakfast restaurant. On the other side of the street was a bank and behind it just trees. Further down that street were a few houses and other small shops. Today the sun was bright out which isn’t something I like but won’t put much attention to. The girl lead me inside and chose seats near the window. We sat in silence as we waited for the waiter to attend to us. My mind wandered off to think about what Sehun is up to and why I’m not at the house.

Agreeing to a short ride with the girl was one thing, accompanying her to breakfast shouldn’t have even come up. But yet here I am. I’m surprised she hasn’t made a rude remark yet. I wouldn’t want to jinx it so I’ll stop thinking about it. The girl simply looked at the menu even though I’m sure she knows exactly what to order. I should be the one looking at the menu, instead I’m stuck in side my own thoughts. Wondering why she chose to have coffee with me, why she wanted to take me on a walk the other night, why she wants me to ride her motorcycle and why I’m here. With her.

“What are you ordering?” We both spoke at the same time suddenly. “You first” Again, it came out at the same time. And so did the awkward chuckling that followed it.

“That was fucking weird” she said rubbing the back of her neck. In a shy manner. “What are you ordering?”

I don’t know. I haven’t looked at my menu because I’m thinking about why I’m spending so much time with this girl. I took a quick glance and spotted waffles “I’ll be having the waffles. I think”

“You haven’t looked at it, have you?”

“Not at all” I lightly laughed. Finding it funny but interesting how she already knew but still asked. “What will you order?”

“An omelet with breakfasts potatoes” she said. I knew what she wanted before we even walked in here.

“Mmm I guess I’ll get that too” I simply said. Once again trusting her meal choice. The girl lightly smiled, her teeths showing up causing her to look kind of cute. I would never have thought someone as innocent looking at her would have so many tattoos a dirty mouth and become ignorant and rude all of the sudden. She’s so many things at once. It’s hard to know how I feel about her. Wether I see her as an annoying and rude girl or a sweet and fun one who effortlessly flatters me I simply don’t know how to see her.