Chapter 25

So fucked.

Y/n looked at me with apologetic eyes as she stepped back. Then looked to the person who had caught us right in the act. I could think of a million scenarios I rather be in than this one right now. I could be drinking, dancing or just resting. But this is where I am. Getting caught by my own best friend, as I cheat on my soon to be husband with his step sister. It’s bad enough just thinking about it. But now, Irene saw it. And there’s no way I can make something up and lie to her about what she has seen.

Instead of scolding me or talking to me. She looked between the two of us and simply sighed. A sigh that said more than her words ever could. Irene wasn’t mad at me, she was disappointed. No, more than just that. And it made me feel horrible, just like I should. Irene turned around and left. Shutting the door behind her. Leaving the girl and I in complete silence.

“Roseanne” she softly said looking at the floor. Afraid to meet my eyes. The girl didn’t add anything just let a deep breath out. My heart was now beating out of my chest. What if she tells Sehun? No, she couldn’t do that. As much as I mess up, she would never do that to me. My body lost it’s balance and I found myself sliding down against the wall panicking. I’m crying, in a club, wearing a stupid costume, on my birthday, in front of the girl who’s looking down at me in pity. “It’s going to be okay” she said sitting beside me.

That’s easy for her to say. I felt her hand on my shoulder. Rubbing it in comfort. “I knew this was a mistake.” I say immediately getting up. Ignoring the girl’s hold in an attempt to make me stay. My feet rushed out of the bathroom into the blasting music. Ignoring and pushing everyone. Trying to find Irene and fix this. I know I didn’t go behind her back but I feels like I did. Somehow I care more about clearing this up with her than to Sehun.

I found Irene at the table. With everyone else. Sitting back and drinking straight from a bottle. The second she saw me, she looked away and continued to drink. I sighed and sat beside her. Knowing that I have to privately talk to her as soon as possible I pulled her from the table smiling at everyone else. Irene didn’t restrain or do anything. Just followed along. I was able to find the exit away from the music and costumes. We stayed in silence. Heavily breathing. I was afraid she would yell at me. Or never talk to me again.

When she didn’t say anything I knew I was going to be the one to break the ice. Not that I even expected her to. “I’m not going to deny what you walked into” I sighed looking at her. She kept her head low. Still managing to look perfect. It’s what I admire about her. Nothing stops her from looking at her best.

“Why didn’t you tell me? How long has this been going on? I should have known. You’re getting married Roseanne” she says to me. Her eyes softening as she met mine. “I will not tell him”

Her sudden change in mood was so comforting I found myself turning into tears. Finding my body crashing against hers. Wanting to be held. And she held me. This was the first time I felt comforted by someone other than the girl. But I know Irene didn’t want to give in so easily. Specially after what she caught me doing. “We kissed once, we were drunk and after that every time I’m around I feel the need do it again” I admitted. Being honest with her.

“Why are you getting married?”

“I love him” I responded letting go of her and wiping my tears. Although I said it with all the emotions possible, I didn’t seem to mean it. “I’m getting married to him. There’s no changing that”

Irene looked at me. And for the first time it seemed as if my own best friend didn’t even know who I was. Equally as lost as me. “Roseanne” she sighed. The sun was setting now. The parking lot was filled with cars. These streets were empty. And the only thing that was heard was the music. This cold air was beginning to send chills down my body. From both my quick beating heart and wind.