Chapter 56

It's okay, just stay by side.

A stranger received us, a young man who smiled and went on with the party holding a drink in his hand. The place was a lot more packed than I would have expected but not one of my many friends could be seen. The girl kept a tight grip on my hand as she lead me through the crowd and loud music into the kitchen where I spotted Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Alice, Joy and Dahyun all laughing and lightly bopping their heads to the ear aching music.

"There you two are!" Alice greeted us with a wide smile.

Immediately the girl let go of my hand making me feel as if she had been embarrassed of seeing us. "Where is everyone else?" I asked looking around "and why is there so many people here?"

"Because" Nayeon extended the last vowel "it's the final day of the year. And it's my duty to make it big and well people are enjoying themselves. Shall we party?" her voice could barely even be heard.

"Ooh is that pie?" Alice seemed to be drooling over it.

"Yes go crazy" the girl laughed heading further into the kitchen and placing them inside the fridge. "No one touch the cherry pie until I say so." She ordered.

"Yes ma'am"

I smiled to myself knowing the cherry pie was made for me and without needing to say it out loud it was clear she was saving it, for me. I would make sure to take the left overs of it home with no shame. To me, the pie was like some sort of gift. After being away from her so long I can't help but make even the little things a big deal. Like holding her hand as we walked in, she kept a tight grip on it. Or even introducing me to Sam though she had no option. I knew so much about her it feels as if I was never gone even if it was just for a month. After all, we missed the other.

Soon the house became even more crowded that even the kitchen was filled with strangers. The music was so much louder and I still hadn't spotted the rest. Through it all the girl stayed in my sight wether she was talking to her friends, grabbing a drink or standing by my side quietly. Having her do that caused me to only watch her so instead of falling more for her little things I had spotted Jennie sitting on the couch surrounded by people.

"My savior" Jennie widely smiled when she saw me approaching her. She had a drink in hand while the other had a tight grip of her two crutches, there were two people beside her furiously making out I could tell just how much she was engrossed by it. I helped her to her feet then onto her crutches. Even then moving in such crowded place seemed useless "coming through move or I'll hit you" she loudly called.

To my surprise it worked, Im guessing she had been doing this the whole time. Jennie lead me through the crowd who seemed to be opening up space for her into the second living room. Here were most of the girls, my eyes still looked around for Irene but landed on Y/n who looked right at me. The music was already getting on my nerves but in here it was so much louder. I took a sit with Jennie.

"Wish I could dance" she said into my ear. Her breath very warm it was spine chilling. "But this boot is killing me"

There was a second where I looked at her and our lips nearly connected, Jennie didn't even flinch "can you at least stand?"

"Yeah"

"Let's dance then"

We managed to get her up and the next thing I did was take both of her hands swaying my hips to the music, knowing I have a wanting pair of eyes on me from the other side of the house. Jennie soon balanced depending on my hold and we both began to dance together. One song passed by then another and after the fifth one I needed a break being just slightly sweaty and knowing Jennie too needed to sit down.