Chapter 68

My body laid wide awake without any bed sheets covering it, the sun brightened up our hotel room and I was the only one awake. I don't know how much time has passed by since I had woken up all I know is that I was nervous to meet with her again. If I pretend to not be affected by her presence then I can go on with this trip, but that's the thing, I can't do that. I attempted to wake Jihyo up after not being able to take the silence any longer but she had only pulled me down beside her.

"Either you let me sleep" she yawned "or we talk about what's on your back. You choose"

"I hate you"

"You love me"

"I do"

After snuggling close with Jihyo for slightly over an hour I finally dragged her out of bed and prepared myself for whatever it is today had to bring. I had purposely brushed my hair in an organized manner and casually dressed nicely. She hadn't changed one bit, her appearance remains the same. Meanwhile I, even though no one comments on it, I know I look nothing like the Roseanne from a year ago newly engaged and excited. I look like I haven't slept nor eaten in ages. And it feels that way.

I made sure to take my pills while Jihyo was in the bathroom and even worked on my make up in order to not look so drained. Today we would be dress shopping, Dahyun and Joy had been arguing about what color to wear ever since we had met at the elevator. I was planning on having Jennie or Jinsoul be my plus one but I could only guess how horrible that would make me look so instead I planned to ask Jihyo.

"Well purple makes your eyes pop out so let's chose that" Joy argued as we stepped into the lobby welcomed by many guests going on about their day.

"But red looks really good on you!" Dahyun expressed her light yet funny frustration by throwing her hands in the air.

"Wear royal blue!" Jihyo finally spoke up

Royal blue was the color me and Jinsoul decided to wear for our Valentine's Day dance. Surprising how everything will suddenly come back to me

"Yeah I guess we can do that" Joy mumbled.

Soon, we made our way to breakfast, the refreshing morning cold air had immediately met our bodies. The skies were cloudy with no signs of rain nor sun indicating today would be a good day as long as I avoid the girl and keep warm. From outside the restaurant, we could already hear Nayeon's loud laughter and all the usual loud chatter that never seems to quiet down. So many guests and I haven't met any of them.

"Good morning beautiful ladies" Jiwoo's bright voice greeted us from behind.

Joy gave her a hug fueled with excitement "Good morning"

We walked into the restaurant and I felt my heart come to a stop when my eyes landed on our table. My feet had frozen stiff on the ground and my breathing began to get heavy as many thoughts raised through my mind at once. The girl was laughing along with Nayeon throwing her head back and clapping her hands as she always has. I couldn't help but remain still admiring just how wonderful she looked. I could feel my heart threatening to jump out of my chest just by seeing her.

Not ten seconds passed by before Jihyo tapped my shoulder and took my hand leading me to the table. The laughter was still going on and louder as we took steps closer. My ears were filled with the sound of footsteps, utensils against plates, talking, chairs being pulled out, my heart beating accompanied by my heavy breaths and the loudest sound, the clearest of them all was the girl's laughter.

My head remained low allowing my hair to cover up my face as I sat down beside Alice and Jihyo. The second I had arrived at the table I noticed how her laughter had quieted down. I could feel my hands getting sweaty sensing her eyes on me. There was just a second in which I remained still before lifting my head up and smiled at Jennie whom was the first person I saw.