Chapter 49

Roseanne's POV

26 days since I last saw her, everything seems to be getting better and better for me. The pills becoming a normal, feeling comfortable with Sehun. Being able to talk to Irene about my nightmares. And now I'm ending the day with a smile on my face loving the night beginning to fall again. All morning I had the odd sensation in my stomach as if something was wrong. Because everything was going perfectly for me. Not a single obstacle in my way.

Christmas is in five days. I'll be on my way in two days and will be shopping for presents with Hyuna and Irene all day tomorrow. My rest of the year was all planned out. It was perfect. Soon I'll be out of this apartment and into a house with my loving husband. It must have been midnight when I finally laid on my bed and closed my eyes. A smile on my face.

-

"No!"

My arms were reaching out for something as my eyes shot wide open. I had been panting. A nightmare I can't remember. Unlike the previous ones, a blur to me. The odd feeling in my stomach only getting stronger. There has to be something wrong. Not caring if it was 2am, I picked up my phone and called Alice who answered at the first ring.

"Roseanne, everything alright?" She panicked.

"Yes. Are you? Is Joy?" I sat up, feeling my heart rate increase. Not being able to control it.

"Yes we are okay. Are you?"

"Yes I'm fine. I had a gut feeling. Sorry sleep well" I hung up and proceeded to call Irene.

Irene was bothered I woke her up but confirmed she was okay. Then Hyuna.

Nothing.

So I called Jennie, Sehun, Nayeon, and Jihyo, whom were all half asleep but perfectly alright. More concerned about me calling at late hours of the night. I looked through my contacts, no one else who I would worry about this much. Except there is one more person. The girl. Who's number I had deleted long ago. She had no space in my life but remained on my mind here and there. Sure she was ruthless, but never so careless to the point she would get seriously hurt. Knowing I have bothered enough people and it's not my job to worry about her, I fought to go back to sleep.

-

Maybe I should have called her. There's nothing else I can think about but that horrible feeling deep in my gut. Not even shopping could take my mind off of it. "Roseanne, you called so late in the night. What was that about?" Hyuna asks the second our previous conversation ended.

How do I explain something I myself can't comprehend? "Just thought something was wrong" I shrugged. As if it was something normal.

"Jihyo called me after you called her. She's worried too" We stopped infront of a store, Irene looking at me thinking it was the usual nightmares. "It's whatever. What are you getting Lisa? Sexy Lingerie?"

Irene and I both dramatically gasped at Hyuna's thoughts. "Stop" although she sounded bothered, she had a smile on her face with burning cheeks. "Maybe" she says descending into the store. There were people everywhere. A train with kids, driving through the mall. Adults with bags in their hands, children looking at the toys, snow outside and christmas music playing, it was all so joyful. Yet something felt wrong. If only I could put my finger on it.

I bought gifts for every single one of the girls. Even Ryujin and Yves were included, although I may not see them. And of course, I kept the girl in mind but refused to get her something for now. Not because I didn't want to, I didn't know what to get her. I bought Lisa a pair of sweatpants Irene told me she wanted. As for Irene and Hyuna, I would have to go out when I'm not with them. For Sehun I bought him a few cardigans, a pair of socks and the cologne I get him every Christmas. It's my favorite scent on him.