Chapter 2

The next morning was a lot more pleasant to wake up to than the previous one had been. No taste of alcohol at my tongue, no headache, my body was fully dressed and covered, and my window perfectly closed denying the cold morning breeze entrance. I had woken up extremely early, no one was heard downstairs and it will probably be like this for a while. Laying in bed wasn't comfortable when all I wanted was a cup of coffee. Sehun's parents are really nice people, I'm sure they won't be bothered by me drinking coffee at 6am. I doubt they'll even notice.

After getting dressed for the chilly autumn day and fixing my long brown hair I headed down the stairs, slowly and carefully. As I reached the bottom of the stairs the sudden loud nose of a cup falling was heard nearly making me scream out. I cursed underneath my breath and made my way into the kitchen. I expected to see Soyi due to how quiet it was but I found a figure, with boys-ish light brown hair style wearing black jeans and a college sweater placing a mug that read: World's Best Grandma on the counter.

"A cup of coffee?" She asked reaching for another mug.

"Yea please" I say sitting on the counter. We didn't get off to a great start yesterday. So I didn't know exactly what to expect from this girl. I was handed a cup of pure black coffee, two full spoons of caffeine were mixed into it. Just how I made it at home. "Thank you" I say, cupping it in both of my hands and carefully sipping it. It tasted just like the one I made. Of course, it's not something difficult to accomplish, it just has the bitter taste I love so much.

"Why are you two staying here?" She suddenly asked standing across the counter, facing me. Neither her tone nor the way she worded that sound polite. I brushed it to the side knowing she's the type of person to be rude in order to get a reaction. And it's far too early for that.

"He decided it would be fun" I shortly said and took another sip of the coffee.

"Cool" she says exiting the kitchen one hand swaying as she walked and the other held on to her coffee mug. The sun was rising and I watched it come out from behind the hill as I drank the hot coffee slowly feeling it go down my throat, a sense of relief washed over me when the only thing I heard was silence.

Sehun and his parents didn't call it a night until very late, the only ones awake were me and the girl who had gone off with that silly coffee mug without return. I wasn't any good at cooking. Every meal was either take out, left overs or poorly prepared dishes. Knowing that Sehun is specially good in the kitchen will make him that much better of a husband. I'm not planning on cooking when we move in together, I'm a woman but I will not become a house wife, I refuse to fall into such stereotypical position. With all that said, I waited for everyone to wake up and breakfast to be prepared. This wasn't my home, I couldn't look into the drawers or refrigerator without permission.

Instead of sitting on the counter after finishing my coffee, I decided it wouldn't do any harm to walk around all these open fields and explore a bit. There was so much space here and many places to sit down and enjoy the silence. When I stepped out onto the porch I had two directions to go in, left or right. To my right was the shack and workshop along with an open field that lead to hills. To my right was Sehun's truck and an open path with grass surrounding it that lead to what seemed like a forest. They had a backyard here, a very huge one too. It had a patio, another fireplace, and large space of just grass.

I sat down on the porch knowing I didn't have the right to go wandering around in a place that didn't belong to me. I will have to convince Sehun to walk with me, which wasn't very likely. He's always busy with his job and even though he won't be going to work, the company gave him many things to work on while we are here. That leaves me to a lot of alone time. It bothered me how little time Sehun actually had for me. I understand he works a lot and I love him for being so hardworking but he doesn't give himself a break. Not even to go out to dinner with me a week ago.