Chapter 69

The sound of light rain and wind against the hotel room's window had startled me awake. Taking my first awakening breath accompanied by raindrops hitting the glass with my body underneath warm bedsheets felt almost perfect. I got out of bed slowly and gently enough for Jihyo to not even notice. I don't know what time it was all I knew is that the sun was already out behind the heavy grey clouds and that I needed to take a warm shower to start the day.

My bare body stood underneath the shower head feeling the pressure of the water which was just right to relax my already tense muscles. Warm water drops ran down my whole body and I took time to focus on this specific feeling. Haseul always told me it was good to just stand there and taken it all in. After my shower Jihyo was still laying on my bed and the time read 8am, breakfast doesn't start until 10am. I have two hours to roam this hotel.

I got my sandals, a warm sweater, comfortable jeans and quietly walked out. As expected it was all dead silent in the hallways, the lights only on when I entered the dark halls. There was nowhere I could go, the rain made the outside off limits and there was absolutely nothing to do other than the gym. I walked up and down my hallway being able to hear the rain from the outside, the loudest sound was my sandals slapping my heels.

"Morning early bird" the disembodied voice had scared me so much I did a little jump as I turned to meet the blonde girl uncontrollably laughing. "That was funny"

"What are you doing here?" I asked in embarrassment as we met each other halfway.

"Wandering every floor in this hotel. Care to join me?"

Jinsoul gestured for me to lock arms with her, just like we used to "I would love to" we smiled at each other before she lead me into the elevator and headed for the sixth floor.

Floor after floor until we got to the final one. We found a balcony at the end of the hallway and walked towards it. Jinsoul had still been in her checkered pajamas pants and over sized shirt but seemed more awake than ever when she stepped out into the balcony letting me receive the fresh smell of rain. The balcony had a roof over it keeping us from the rain so we both stepped out letting the door close behind us.

The air was chilly but allowed me to freely breath, Jinsoul didn't say a word, she actually hadn't said much these past ten minutes or so. I enjoyed the silence listening to the heavy rain fall right before my eyes and watching the rain drops rush done from the grey sky. My body was very much cold but this was far too calming and relaxing to want to head back inside just yet. We had a beautiful view of the rainy city.

"So this girl" Jinsoul broke the silence "Whats between you two?"

"Nothing I can really explain" I admit.

She paused then turned to look at me "You love her?" Her voice was small filled with curiosity and a bit of hesitation as if not wanting to know the answer.

Do I love the girl? That thought never once crossed my mind, and for now I will leave it out. "No, she's really complicated"

"Are you complicated?"

"No" I took a short pause "well now that I think about it..."

Before I could finish my sentence she began to laugh loudly as if I had just cracked the funniest joke she had ever heard. "What? What's so funny?"

"You never thought about that?" She clapped her hands in clear amusement being louder than the heavy rain. The second she caught my confused eyes she quickly fixed her posture and stopped laughing, now I was the one losing it. "What's so funny now?" She questioned fighting the smile on her face.

"Well I knew I was but not in that way" Truly, I never took in mind that maybe I had been the one making our situation complicated and not her. Everything was even more of a mess now "Thanks" I jokingly scoffed.