Chapter 2

I dropped my kids off at school and headed to work. I didn't have to work but I really just wanted to stay busy during the day while my kids was at school.

I loved being a mom, every single bit of it but it's just something about not having anything to do during the day made me feel like I wasn't being productive plus it was a good way for me to keep my head on straight and things off my mind.

Plus besides all this I ran my own business so I was winning either way. I was my own boss. I finished my associates degree in early childhood education so I was a teacher. I ended up opening a day and evening program where I taught 1st-8th grade with other teachers and had an after school program. I taught various of each grades on different days. I specialized in helping kids and teens after school who comes from abusive homes. I always wanted somebody to help me out of my situation and save me. I just figured I'd become that person for other people.

Mrs. Stevenson you have a call on line 1. My assistant Maria said coming into my office.

Okay send it over! I said looking up. She nodded her head and the phone started ringing. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

Mrs. Stevenson! I said as I answered.

Mrs. Stevenson...a male voice said chuckling. I sat back in my chair twirling my pen around. "Hi Queen!"

Hi Micah! I laughed a bit. Micah calls me every once in a while mostly around our son birthday. After Monster took care of Halo Micah began to get his life together and moved back to Texas and went ghost. He randomly called at times to tell me how sorry he was. I think it was just the guilt eating him alive of the fact he let his girlfriend kill our child.
My therapist taught me in order to heal I needed to forgive myself first than Micah. It helped a little but I was still so fucked up inside.

I'm uhh, I'm coming into town this weekend and I was wondering if you would be interested in having dinner with me.

Ummm, Micah I don't...

I'm pushing it aren't I?

No, no, no it's not that! I just don't think now is the right time. My kids have a football game this week and my daughter is cheering. And usually I take them out to dinner after that.

I mean I'd be happy to join you guys....

Now you know that can't happen, Monster would kill me and you bring us back to life than kill us again if he knew you went to a dinner with us. Plus my kids have never ever seen me with another man besides their father. I'd like for it to stay that way.

I get it! He laughed. "We'll look, Ja'Karis birthday is in a few weeks and I won't be reachable I'll be out of the country. I'm in town this weekend and I'd like to have dinner with you as a friend nothing more nothing less. Just let you know I'm here for you if you ever need me. I know you still struggle sometimes and I would like to comfort you. I'm staying at the Ritz downtown. I have reservations at Six's at 8 on Saturday night. If you come great if not than that's okay too."

Bye Micah.

Bye Queen!
I hung up the phone and took a deep breath. In now shape or form have I ever thought about getting with Micah for the longest he disgusted me but I did eventually felt like he was being genuine. So actually getting a conversation out of me was one thing but to have dinner was a whole nother. I don't even date. I haven't had sex in years. And I'm due for a divorce. Maybe a dinner won't hurt.