Chapter 14

I woke up to the sounds of the monitors going off. I jumped up from my sleep and I started crying as my baby laid in a bed before me. It was like I was catching my breath for the first time. I grabbed his hand and kissed it over and over again. The door opened a little bit and in came Monster. He stood beside me and gave a half smile.

I remember when you first got pregnant with him....you was so scared and vulnerable at the time. Always on edge and thinking something was gonna happen. I didn't blame you I thought the worst of the worst too cause of the situation we was put in back to back. It's like God didn't want us to have children. He spoke softly.
"But I knew it was ment to be....he definitely was a gift from God. Amaris! I thought that name was so perfect for him! It even fitted him."

I started to cry because of what he was saying was hitting so deep for me.

Queen he's going to be alright! The bullet went straight through, they removed some fragments. Went through his lower back and out his side. Missed every single internal organ. They said he was lucky. It'll take some time to heal but he's just fine. Monster leaned down and wiped my tears from my face and kissed my forehead. "He's a fighter just like you!"

Thank you! I wiped my tears and looked up at him. His eyes was so red and puffy I know he's been crying. I stood up and wrapped his arms around me. This is when I feel the safest! "I don't know what I would of done without you!" I said as I laid my head into his chest as I cried to him.

Ima always be here you know it!

I love you Ja'Kari!

I love you too Queen! If you ever need me no matter what I'm always be here for you. And I need you to call Azaria and Austin let them know you okay. They haven't stopped calling all day. Azaria is freaking out that you passed out she thought you died.

Where's my phone?!

Uh I don't know, here! He gave me his phone. "There with Yonna, I had her take them home after you passed out."

Oh god she is probably going through it. I dialed Yonnas number to FaceTime her. I took a deep breath as the phone connected.

Oh my god heyyy, how are you? What's going on? Yonna asked answering. She instantly got tears in her eyes.

I'm okay, he's okay as well he's sleeping. The bullet went straight through. (Kelly started calling as I was talking)

Just decline it! Monster said hitting the button and the phone reconnected.

Oh my god I'm so sorry Queen, we are praying! Please keep us updated.

I will thank you, I love y'all. Where is Azaria and Austin?

We love you too and they right here hold on. Zari, Austin come here! She yelled their names. "Zari been crying all day, won't eat or anything!" (Kelly started calling again! And I pressed declined.)

Hi baby! I smiled as she got in the phone.

Mommy?! She called out for me before bursting into tears. "Mommy I love you!" She sang crying.

Zari, Azaria stop crying! Mommy is fine okay! I'm fine, Amaris is fine too he's sleeping okay. I'll be home later I promise. (Kelly called two more times after I just denied the calls. Shit was pissing me off.)

You promise?

Yes, baby I promise. Daddy right here too! Okay?

Yes! Mommy I wanna be with you! You hurt?

No baby I'm not hurt I will come get you later okay, I need you to eat something first. Where is Austin?

Right here!

Let me talk to him.

Hi ma!

Hi baby, you okay?

Yes, you okay? Amaris okay?

Yes baby we fine. You eat?

Yeah but I'm not hungry. I was worried about y'all.

I know! But listen we are fine okay I promise baby!

Okay, I love y'all!

We love you to baby! I'll be home later okay.

Okay! (The phone hung up cause Kelly was calling. I just gave him his phone.) he turned it off and put it in his pocket.

Azaria told me I was pregnant yesterday morning...

What?

First thing she said when she woke up and opened her eyes. Said it's gonna be a little girl and she was playing with her. I told her I wasn't and she insisted that I was.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

Ja'Kari your divorcing me and getting married to someone else. I just had the worst scare of my life I don't want no more kids.

Can we not go there right now...

Mommy?! Amaris little voice said making us stop our conversation. He opened his eyes some and I rushed to his bedside.

Hi baby, I'm right here! I smiled with tears in my eyes.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure you was here. Where's dad? He asked with his eyes closed.

I'm right here son!

Daddy I'm just like you now! He said with half a smile and his eyes closed.

Yeah, you are! Your my hero! He kissed his forehead and smiled as tears came to his eyes.

Can I still play football!!? He questioned opening his eyes to look at us.

How about we talk about that when you get a little bit more better, for now how about you just get some rest! I smiled stroking his hair back.

Okay! He closed his eyes and drifted off back to sleep. My sweet baby!