Chapter 57

Can you take me to Yonnas I need to get clothes. I asked Monster as he came into the kitchen. I just finished making breakfast for him and the kids.

It's clothes upstairs in the closet.

Who's Kelly's?

Yeah she got brand new shit never worn up there.

I don't wanna wear her shit!

Well shit i was just gone donate that shit or throw it in the garbage.

Donate it I'm not wearing another woman's clothes.

Okay Queen.

Here's your plate...

I ain't hungry!

Really? You have to eat something!

I'll grab something later when I feel like it.

Okay Monster! I didn't wanna argue with him so I just pulled the plate back.

Mommy! Azaria screamed happily running into the kitchen as she seen me surprised.

Hi baby! I smiled picking her up. I kissed her face all over making her laugh.

Hi ma! The boys smiled happily as they came in and seen me. They both dropped everything and ran to me hugging me. I was so happy right now. I hugged my kids tight and kissed all of them.

Sit down so y'all can eat and I can get y'all to school.
Monster said getting their attention. I put my baby girl down and brought them all their food. I put a huge smile on my face knowing that I was with them again.

After they ate. I put their lunch boxes in their book bags and we all got into the car.

Are y'all back together yet? Amaris asked jumping from the back seat.

Sit yo ass down! Monster yelled at him and Austin laughed.

Dang I just wanted to know...

Know them math problems instead of my business.! Amaris sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes.

Are you going to keep giving me the cold shoulder? I asked really wanting to know but low enough for him to hear.

I'm not!

You are!

What you wanna do this for? At least right now why? He asked as he came to a red light looking at me. "Cause you only acting like this because I'm not giving you the attention you want. Your mad I'm not up yo ass and begging to be with you any more?"

I'm not mad! Can you just look at where I'm coming from for a second?

Where you coming from Queen? Cause you bouta piss me.

I'm not expecting our relationship to work ever again after this but...

But what? You know it's real funny how all this shit happening now you just oh so love me. Like honestly what the fuck do you want from me? Seriously Queen?! We not getting back together now it's yo turn to accept the fact.

Okay Monster.

Are you guys fighting up there?

No baby! I said turning around to face my daughter. Monster was pulling up to the school and a police car jumped behind him and turned they lights on.

Fuck! He yelled pissed pulling over in front of the school. So many kids and people was outside.

He rolled down his window and two officers came to the car.

Mr. Stevenson what a surprise! The one officer smiled.

What the fuck you want I wasn't speeding! He said angrily. "I gotta get my kids in school!"

Fuck them kids get out the car.!

What the fuck you just say? Monster reacted so fast and punched him in his face breaking his window and breaking the officer nose. Both cops drew their guns at the car.

Ja'Kari!

Get the fuck out the car.

Daddy! Azaria screamed.

Please don't shoot! Austin cried.

Call T! He said to me as he got out the car. I grabbed his gun from his waist so the officers wouldn't see it as he was getting out. I slid it in the back seat on the floor. The officer immediately hit Monster and they both started beating him. My kids was screaming and crying. People was recording and yelling. I got the kids out the car and the officer drew his gun at me.

I just wanna get my kids in school! I yelled.

Hands up where I can see them! He yelled.

I just wanna get my kids out. Please! I begged.

I swear to god if you hurt my wife or kids I swear to god on yo life ima kill you with my bare hands! Monster yelled as the other officer wrestled to get the cuffs on him. A few more police cars pulled up. My children was balling their eyes out. Monster was picked up from the ground bleeding from his head. This was not gonna be good! They threw him into the back of the cop car. The cop finally let me go and I grabbed my kids. I tried to conceal them and get them into the school away from all this out here.

I was able to calm their nerves and send them to class. I grabbed my phone and called T, his lawyer which was also his friend.

Hello? He answered. "You calling me must only mean one thing! Y'all back together what up sis!" He answered happily.

No we are not!

What? Y'all married how are y'all not together? This nigga must not be hitting it right! T laughed.

What you mean we married.... We are divorced!

Oh he didn't tell you....you haven't talked to him..?

T what's going on?

Oh damn... umm well I don't wanna be the barl of the bad news ... but uhh me and Andy never turned y'all files in we never finalized y'all divorce!

WHAT? How the fuck could y'all?!

I'm sorry look! Y'all not over each other and I don't care what you say and I don't care what he say. Not speaking as his lawyer but as y'all friend y'all love each other like fuckin crazy and too damn much to just let that shit go. I know you wanna be with him just as much as he wanna be with you. We knew y'all would get back together so we figured we would let y'all work y'all shit out . A divorce is not for y'all.

You know what I can't even think about this shit right now T I'm so pissed with you and Andy is fuckin fired. I'm calling you cause he just got beat by the police in front of the kids in front of their school with other people outside. The cops had guns drawn at us and everything he's in jail.

WHAT?

Yeah I need you to go get him out.

Ight meet me downtown in an hour what the fuck!

Okay.
I hung up the phone and threw it into the seat. Why the fuck would they do that!