Chapter 51

Today was my babies first day back at school after I kept them home for a whole week and a half. They was kicked off the bus and I had to take them to school. It was better on my mental that I knew they got into the building safely anyways.

I pulled off from the school and headed to work. I haven't been to work in so long. I missed my job and my work kids. I was early so I made my way into the building but once I got to the door I stopped in my tracks. The doors of the building was broken into. Glass was shattered everywhere and the doors was hanging off the hinges. Everything I worked so hard for was down the drain. I walked up the stairs to go into the building and everything was complete trashed.

What the fuck! My assistant Carry said as she came in after me. Tears rushed down my face as my students art work was all ripped up and scattered around the halls. Windows was broken, classrooms was completely trashed, garbage and food was everywhere. I made my way to the office and it was broken into. Everything was horrible. My safe was broken into. I was completely distraught and couldn't keep it together as other teachers arrived. The way this school was I was gonna have to shut it down it was so bad.

Everyone was crying and in tears as we waited for the police to come. I literally had no words at all. So many things was running through my mind.

You okay? Alissa asked me as she came to my office.

No! Look round everybody up and meet me outside. I said pissed.
I grabbed my phone and made a few calls. I got in contact with this cleaning service to come clean the school. The city repair team was coming out to give me an estimate on how much it would be to fix the doors and windows.
The police was outside and so was the news reporters. So many students was in disbelief and crying. My kids came here to escape their lives at home and knowing I wasn't able to provide that for them kilt me.

Hi everyone! Students and staff! I said confidentiality as I stepped outside the building. It was so many emotions going out here right now. "I'm sorry to inform everyone that sometime between last night and this morning our school got broken into. Our school is in no condition to have anyone in! School will be canceled until we can get it back up and running! I'm sorry but you all can go home! We may have to close for the rest of the year! I have a clean up company coming today to start the process!"

No disrespect Mrs. Stevenson your like the closes thing some of us have to a mother and we look forward to coming here everyday....I'm down and a few of my boys is down to stay and help clean up the school! We stand with you! My student Jazie said proudly. Jazie was a troubled teen and always on my office but he was so smart.

Yeah Mrs. Stevenson we love you and our school we here with you! A girl yelled out.

And all of us are with you! Mr. Carr said.

Mrs. Stevenson, Mrs. Stevenson, Mrs. Stevenson! Everyone started chanting and I bursted into tears. Locals from the neighborhood even gathered around and wanted to join in on cleaning the school.

My heart was overwhelmed and I was over worked as everyone joined in and cleaned the school all day. I ordered boxes and boxes of pizza and ice cream for any and everyone. People from all over was here to help. I felt so much better leaving the school today as it looked way better than it did today when we got there.

I picked my kids up from their after school program and brought them home. My babies was my happy place and they are exactly what I needed right now.

I got them all in the house and Yonna came running down the driveway. She ran into the back door full of emotion. "Your all on the news!" She screamed turning the tv on. "What happened?"

Someone broke into the school and vandalized it....destroyed it completely....! I said as I teared up as the news showed pictures of all over the school.

Mommy that's your school?! Azaria asked confused.

Yes baby...

What the hell happened, I mean...dad's gonna be...I'm sorry ma but he's gonna be pissed someone did this to you! Austin said amazed.

First the shooting now this! This is getting out of hand. Yonna said holding her head.

Yeah I know I don't wanna think about this anymore my head hurts. I've had a rough day. I'm gonna cook dinner and get you guys ready for bed and help with homework come on!

I'm cooking roast Mac and cheese and corn bread come in back and get plates you had a long day Queen!

It's fine Yonna really!

No i don't mind...I already took the steaks out this morning.

Okay...we'll just call me if you need me! And if there is anything I can do just let me know sis. I love you!

I love you too! I hugged my sister and she left out. I helped my babies with their homework while I cooked their favorite meal. I pushed everything to the back of my mind and focused on getting them bathed and ready for school tomorrow.

We ate dinner and watched a movie. All my babies fell asleep on me. I carried them each upstairs one by one and tucked them into their beds. I definitely over did it today. My body was on fire and I was in so much pain.

I ran a hot bath and turned my turbo jets on. I was so overwhelmed I started crying. I let all my emotions out right now. I was feeling everything. I was hurt, angry, tired, unhappy....

Mommy! Mommy! I heard crying.

Yes baby?

Mommy the house is on fire! I heard Azaria yell. I turned the water off and jumped up. I slipped on the floor getting out the tub on my stomach. I reached for my robe and my kids was screaming. I ran downstairs in pain and I could see flames downstairs all in front of the house. I rushed to my children flying down the stairs with them fighting threw the flames.

Queen! Queen! I could hear Kay'Sean screaming my name. The house was so Smokey. I tried to cover my babies faces.

Up here! I yelled in pain. I was able to get down the back steps and we made it out the house. My house was completely in flames. I feel to my knees crying! Why was everything happening to me.!