Chapter 3

My brother's pack was a day's travel with stops. At least by wolf, and that is how I was going. But, I wasn't going to stop. I was going to run all day and all night if I had to. I knew rogues probably already sensed me, so they might end up going after me soon. I didn't know what I was going to do. What would Alpha Richard do to my mom and dad? I was now a rogue. No pack would be willing to take me in. I could only hope that my brother's pack would take me in. 

 I panted heavily as I ran, hearing howls from behind me. Oh no. "Misty, do you know how far away we are from the Black Diamond Pack?" I asked. 

 It was a minute or two before she answered. "About three hours." she told me. I could see the worry in her eyes. We were both scared. 

 "Misty, we won't make it unless we try to fight off these rogues." I declared after a while. 

 "Elena, we've been running for hours nonstop! Our energy is low! We won't last a fight!

 "I know. But we won't last period if we don't deal with these rogues.

 She sighed. "You're right. Let's do this." 

 I nodded and quickly put my bag behind some bushes. I then turned around and growled, getting in fighting stance. I could feel Misty lending me some of her energy to help win this fight. I smiled at her before narrowing my eyes and leaping onto one of the rogues, biting into his neck. Bulls eye. 

 "One down, three to go!" Misty declared triumphantly. I liked her. 

 I howled in pain as one of the rogues bit into my leg. I growled and swung him to the side and leaped onto him. Unfortunately, I missed his neck, and bit into his shoulder and then, I swung him back against a tree, stunning him. 

 I yelped, shocked, as I was pinned down by two rogues. One bit down on my injured leg, the other snarled menacingly, about to go for my throat. Oh, no you don't. I growled loudly and sprang up, throwing them aside. I narrowed my eyes at them as I sprang into action, attacking the two all at once. I'm not letting no rogues get the best of me. 

 My eyes narrowed as an idea popped into my head. My tote bag was behind the two rogues. I made a split decision and leaped over the two, landing behind them, causing them to bump into each other hard. I howled in laughter before grabbing my bag and running off in the direction of my brother's pack. My heart was pounding wildly. I panted hard. The wound in my leg didn't help. Misty was giving me as much energy as I could. But neither of us were sure if we'd make it. We still had two hours and fifteen minutes before we got there. I didn't dare stop or look back. I just kept running.

 I was finally nearing the pack. My leg was bleeding profusely and aching badly. I panted, my vision blurring as I finally entered the Black Diamond Pack. I could see warriors coming my way. I painfully shifted and fell to the ground. 

 "Ma'am? Are you alright?" one asked me. 

 "Alec, look here." another said, pointing out my leg. 

 "G-get Beta Kian. T-tell him Elena is here. He'll understand." I spoke weakly before letting darkness consume me.

 I could hear the sound of voices. One, I recognized as Kian. The other, Elisabeth. I didn't recognize the other voices. 

 "K-Kian..." I whispered. I slowly opened my eyes, only to be blinded by a bright light. 

 "Lena?" my brother exclaimed, his voice sounding hopeful. 

 "W-where am I..?" I asked, my eyes adjusting to the light. 

 "You're in our pack hospital." Elisabeth told me in a gentle voice.