Chapter 23

Kallan had a look of guilt on his face, tears in his blue eyes. He suddenly collapsed in Rose's arms. 

 "Kallan!" she screamed.

 "Let me have him. We need get him to the pack doctor now." Joseph said in a firm, serious tone. Rose carefully handed the partially conscious Kallan over to him and Kian. 

 I didn't even need to look at my mate to know he was furious at whoever had done this. It was obvious it wasn't an accident. 

 We all hurried outside and got into the car. Kallan rested in Rose's embrace. Ash flew beside the car, trying to keep up. Elanor sat in the back with Rose and Kallan. Janie was in the passenger seat while Jay, Kian, Elisa, and I were in the back back of the car. Jay had wrapped his sweatshirt around the wound on Kallan's stomach. "Rose...." Kallan said quietly. 

 "I'm here, Kallan...I'm right here." Rose said quickly.

 "I'm sorry....I'm so sorry..." Kallan's voice was choked up with tears as he winced in pain. 

 "It's alright, my Kallan....It's ok....Just hang on. You'll be alright."

 "This really hurts....." the young merman grimaced.

 "I know...I know..." Rose whispered, kissing his forehead. "You're gonna be alright, though..."

 I looked over at Jay, who was squeezing my hand tightly. It was like he was trying to relieve the tension he felt. "How is he?" I whispered to Elanor. 

 She frowned sadly, shaking her head. "He's losing a lot of blood. Human or not, if you lose too much blood, you'll die." she told me in a quiet voice. 

 Jay growled and his grip on me tightened. His grip hurt a bit, but I didn't say anything. Jay already thought of Kallan, Rosalie, Ash, and Elanor as his friends and his family. Jay thought of all his close friends as family. And I knew very well he was very protective over his family. That was something about him that would never change.

 I watched as Rose gripped Kallan's hand tightly. Kallan was smiling faintly. I was breathing heavily, trying not to let tears of my own fall. Like Jay, Elanor, Ash, Rosalie, and Kallan had become close friends to me. 

 It wasn't long before we finally arrived. The drive felt like it took forever and now, we were finally rushing inside. Jay and Kian carrying Kallan. Elanor and Ash stayed closed to Rose, trying to comfort and reassure her.

 "Doctor Smith!" Joseph demanded, when we'd entered the hospital. 

 "Alpha? What is wrong?" a tall, blond haired man, who looked to be in his mid forties, asked, looking at Joseph with a frown. He was standing at the front desk, a clip board in his hands.

 "This is Kallan. A friend of ours. He is badly hurt and needs urgent care." Joseph said, getting straight to the point.

 Doctor Smith immediately called to a woman, who hurried over to him. He quickly looked Kallan over. Kallan looked like he was in a lot of pain. He looked weak and tired. "Andrea, help me get this boy to the E.R stat." he said quickly. 

 "Alright, Mitchel." the dirty blond haired nurse nodded quickly, hurrying away.

 "The E.R........? P-please tell m-me you're joking....." Rose stuttered, tears flowing freely down her cheeks as she looked at him desperately. 

 "I'm afraid not. I'm sorry, but we need to go now. Doctor Stephens!" Dr. Smith said before calling to another doctor. At his request, this new doctor quickly helped him take Kallan away.

 Kallan looked back at us and smiled weakly. "I love you, Rosalie...My little Sea Breeze..."

 "I love you too....my Saltwater Sweetheart...." Rose said. At her words, Kallan's weak smile seemed to grow and his eyes brightened. We all watched as Kallan disappeared with the two doctors. Once he was out of sight, Rose sank to the ground and cried bitterly. Elanor and Ash knelt down beside her, trying to comfort her.

 I looked over at Jay, who looked at us, sadness in his eyes. A frown on his handsome face. I hugged him tight, trying to comfort him. He quickly hugged me back. Kian held Elisa, as she held their baby close. Janie was being held by Joseph. When we calmed down a little, we all sat down in the waiting room. 

 For the first time since I first saw the injured merprince, I got a good look at Ash. His face was serious. An angry, fiery look was in his eyes. "That idiot....I told him not to go...." he muttered under his breath. But, I heard him. I frowned, confused. Did Ash know what had happened to Kallan?

 At that moment, Joseph turned to us and spoke. "Warrior Jeff just mind-linked me. There is a young man claiming to be Kallan's brother and demanding to see him." 

 My eyes went wide in shock, as did everyone else's.

 "Caspian??" Ash, Elanor, and Rose exclaimed, staring at Joseph in shock.

 "He said that was his name...Do you know him?"

 "Yes, Alpha. He is Kallan's younger brother." Ash nodded. A hint of anger flashed through his orange-like eyes. 

 Joseph nodded. "Alright then. I will allow him to come see him." Joseph went silent as he mind-linked the Australian warrior.

 Without fifteen, twenty minutes, Jeff entered, bowing his head in respect towards us. A young man and a young woman stood behind him. "This is Prince Caspian of Navaria and Lady Coral of Navaria." Jeff introduced before turning to the two. "This is Alpha Joseph and his mate, Luna Janie. That is Beta Kian, his mate, Elisabeth, and their daughter, Evelyn. And this, is-" Kian, Elisa, Joseph, and Janie nodded politely, giving a small, welcoming smile.

 "Princess Elena, Prince Jay." Caspian said, interrupting him, as he and Coral bowed. 

 I was a little shocked. I looked over at Jay, to see he looked a little tense at what Caspian had called him. I never did talk to him about being prince or king....I really should.

 "It is an honor to meet the White Tiger and her mate. Kallan has told our parents and I about you." Caspian replied, not raising his head. 

 I smiled, standing up. I went over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to bow. And please, you can just call me Elena."

 "Thank you, Miss Elena." Caspian said, raising his head. 

 I could see he was clearly more professional than Kallan. Kallan is always so laid back and happy. Whereas his brother, was more professional and neat. While Kallan had blue eyes and brown hair with blue in it, Caspian was different, yet similar. He had green eyes with brown and green hair.

 When I looked over at Rose, I noticed she was looking right at Coral. Her expression was one of jealousy. I frowned, a little confused. I needed answers and I was determined to get them.

 "Now, where is my brother?" Caspian spoke. His tone was firm and serious. There was a hint of worry in his tone and eyes. 

 "He's still with the doctor. Doctor Smith will come get us when he's allowed visitors." Janie replied in a soft tone.

 "How is he? Is he alright?" Coral asked. She looked like a nice, young woman. Her hair was blond with peach pink in it. 

 "We don't know.." came the quiet reply of Rose. I never heard her speak so quietly before. Why is she jealous?? It is obvious Kallan's heart belongs to her and her only. 

 Coral nodded and looked over at Caspian. Caspian nodded, giving her a small smile, holding her hand in his. "We will wait, if it is alright." he stated, looking back at us.

 Joseph nodded and motioned them to sit down. I glanced over at my brother and sister-in-law. Kian held Elisa's hand tightly. I then looked at Jay, who was glaring at Caspian and Coral. It sent shivers up my spine as I stared at my mate. He obviously suspected something. What, I wasn't sure. But I knew it had something to do with Kallan.

The White TigerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara