Chapter 54

*Nine Months Later*

 A lot has happened in the past year. Little Evelyn Jade is growing up quickly. She'll be a year old in a week or two. She's such a beautiful little baby. She looks just like mom when she was little...She has Kian's hazel eyes and her mother's smile. She has mom's curly light brown hair. 

 Janie gave birth to a beautiful little boy. They named him Tate. He's a cheerful little baby with his mother's beautiful blue eyes and his father's smile and brown head of hair.

 Alec and Kiera have joined our pack. Both have been marked by Jeff and Vicky. Vicky and Alec actually moved in with Jeff and Kiera. Lily, Kallie, and Robert still live in the pack house. Kallie marked Robert a month or two after the battle with Alpha Richard. Lily and Ben see each other often. They get closer every day.

 Kallan, Rosalie, Ash, and Elanor have decided to join the pack. They live in a little house near the beach. 

 Now, how are things with Jay, Charlie, and I? They couldn't be better. He's shy and quiet. But he loves sports. He wants to be a pro soccer player one day. And I think he will definitely make it. I sometimes wonder if he thinks we might change our minds one day and send him back to the orphanage. But, I also know, that Jay and I do everything within our power to show him that that will never happen. He's a special young boy. Sensitive sometimes, but, who can blame him? With the kind of life he had before? Being orphaned at a young age, being sent back to the orphanage every time he turns around, being adopted and treated like dirt by a man who didn't deserve to be called 'Alpha', and then, that man just dying and being sent back to the orphanage once again...

 Charlie stays with Jay in the pack house. I still live with Kian and Elisabeth. But, nowadays, I tend to spend about two or three nights a week with my mate and little boy. It's fun and I enjoy it. I love spending time with Jay and Charlie. Charlie honestly does not like to be called Charles. It reminds him too much of his past. Everyone called him Charles. We don't call him that unless he's in trouble, which doesn't happen often. He does his best to avoid trouble. Probably has something to do with his past life...He doesn't talk about it much and we don't want to push him too much. We just let him know we're always there to listen if he wants to talk. And he appreciates that.

 Our lives are definitely much different than I ever imagined. I never imagined myself being a sixteen year old White Tiger, heir to a hundreds of years old throne, having my mate, and adopting a little boy. But, I can honestly say that...I've never been happier. I know mom and daddy would've been so proud of me, Kian, and Little Evelyn. And I know they would've loved Jay and Charlie. I sometimes wondered about that. But then I look back on some of my memories with them when we talked about mates and, occasionally, adoption, and I'm reassured.

 It's my seventeenth birthday. The month of May. I was excited to spend my birthday with Jay and Charlie. It'll be my first birthday with my mate. I wasn't expecting anything fancy. All I was expecting, was for today to be a pretty normal day. Aside from probably a cake and a few presents. But, boy, was I wrong.

 I had just finished getting ready for the day when a knock sounded on my door. "I'm coming, Kian! Hold your horses!" The knocking continued. I rolled my eyes and walked over, opening the door. I gasped in surprise when I saw who was standing there. Not my older brother, but my handsome mate and Charlie. Charlie was looking quite handsome as well. 

 "Happy birthday, beauty." Jay smiled at me, handing me a beautiful bouquet of pink chrysanthemums and Lilies of the Valley. The chrysanthemum is my favorite flower. And, I've learned that the Lily of the Valley, is the birth flower for the month of May. My birth month. Jay is so sweet...

 "Thank you, Jay." I smiled at him, taking the bouquet of flowers.

 "Happy birthday, Elena," Charlie smiled at me brightly. He held a big picnic basket with both hands.

 "Thank you, Charlie." I smiled at the boy. "What's with the basket?"

 "We thought we'd go on a little picnic. The weather is beautiful and perfect for a nice little outing." Jay replied. "What do you think, Elena?"

 I chuckled. "I think that sounds lovely. I couldn't imagine any better way to spend my birthday than on a picnic with my two favorite men. Just let me put my flowers in water first." 

 They nodded and moved aside for me to walk past them. I found Kian in the kitchen with Elisa and Evelyn. Elisa was trying to feed her daughter, but, Evelyn tends to be a bit of a picky eater sometimes. I told them about the date Jay and Charlie had planned as I got out a vase. I put some water in it before placing my flowers in it.

 "It sounds like a fun idea. I hope you have a good time, Lena." Kian smiled.

 "I'm sure you're going to have a great time." Elisa smiled, a twinkle in her eye.

 I smiled at them before bidding the three goodbye and leaving the house with my little family. We  walked for a while till we came to a nice spot in the park. It was beautiful. A little stream lined with flowers ran nearby. It was decided unanimously that this was the perfect spot for our picnic. We laid the blanket on the grass. Charlie insisted upon setting up the picnic while Jay and I took a little walk. Jay liked the idea. I wanted to stay and help, but, after some persuading, I finally agreed.

 Jay and I walked along the streams edge, hand-in-hand. We were completely silent as we enjoyed each other's company. Finally, Jay broke the silence. He stopped walking and stood in front of me, a serious look in his beautiful green eyes, as he held my hands in his. 

 "Elena, I know we're both young...You're only seventeen...I'm in my early twenties...But, I feel like we're ready to take the final steps to make our relationship official." I looked at him curiously. My eyes went wide as he got down on one knee. "I love you, Elena. I always will. Wild horses couldn't stop me from being with you. I will always fight for you. I will never leave you alone. I will never let you go. I want to spend the rest of my life by your side, loving you and cherishing you. And so, I ask you, Elena Roberts, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

 Tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably. My smile was a mile wide. "Yes, Jay! A thousand times, yes!" I knelt down, hugging him tightly. 

 When we finally pulled apart, Jay pulled a small magenta velvet box from the pocket of his jeans. He opened it, revealing a beautiful ring. It was silver with an aquamarine stone and a leaf design around the band.

 My eyes were wide, my tears still flowing. "Oh, Jay...It's beautiful..." I said breathlessly.

 "Nowhere near as beautiful as you, my love." Jay said, sliding the ring on my finger. "I love you, Elena."

 "I love you too, Jay....So very much..." I smiled brightly before hugging him once more. 

 We finally went back to Charlie, who was very excited for us. He obviously knew about this. And, as the day progressed, I learned that my brother and sister-in-law also knew. Our friends were the only ones who didn't know about Jay's proposal. Everyone was so excited for us. 

 I spent that night with Jay. I lay next to him, his arms wrapped around me. His soft snores filled my ears. But I couldn't sleep. I was too excited to sleep. Misty was just as excited as me. She loved Jay and Charlie just as much as I did. Today was honestly the best day of my life. It couldn't have gone better. I was engaged to Jay...The love of my life...My mate...I love him more than words can describe...I couldn't be happier...