Chapter 50

I looked at Jay, smiling brightly. I kissed his muzzle. He smiled up at me and gave me a lick on the cheek. I laughed joyously. "Jay!" 

 "We best get all the injured pack members and warriors to the hospital." Joseph spoke up.

 "Alpha, we can help...If you will allow us.." the young warrior spoke up. 

 Joseph nodded, smiling. "Thank you, young man. That would be a big help greatly appreciated."

 The warrior nodded and spoke to the others with him. They all then scattered, walking over to different areas, looking for pack members and warriors who needed help. 

 Joseph turned to Kian. "Are you alright, Kian?"

 "I'm ok, Joseph. I'm just worried about Elisa and the baby..." my brother looked down, a worried look on his face.

 Joseph smiled, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Go, Kian. Go find them. Make sure they're all alright. Elisa, Evelyn, Janie, and the others."

 Kian smiled brightly. "Yes! Thank you, Joseph! I'll mind-link you as soon as I got some info." With that, my older brother ran off. I chuckled a little as I watched his retreating figure.

 Joseph then walked over and knelt down beside Jay and I. "Are you both alright?"

 "I'm ok." I nodded slowly. Jay whined in pain but nodded slowly. I frowned and gently scratched behind his ear, trying to comfort him.

 Joseph frowned, gently and carefully examined his shoulder. "I don't think it's wise for him to be moving...At least in wolf form. Jay, do you think you're able to shift back?" Jay looked away from Joseph a moment, looking hesitant. His eyes seemed to glaze over. I assume he was talking to Bolt, his wolf. Finally, he looked up and nodded slowly. Joseph looked at me. "He mind-linked me. He says it will be painful and difficult, but it can be done. Hopefully it won't harm his shoulder anymore than it already is."

 I frowned, nodded slowly, petting Jay's back slowly. This honestly made me nervous. But, it had to be done. How else was he supposed to get to the hospital? I took a deep breath before letting it out, calming my nerves. He was gonna be fine...I hope...

 I quickly stood up and hurried to a clump of bushes, taking a pair of pants that was hidden there. I hurried back and set them down, before kneeling beside him. "Go ahead, Jay. But be careful and take it slow...Don't hurt yourself, please."

 He smiled and nodded, nuzzling my face a little. I smiled and backed up, turning around to give him privacy. "Gah!" he exclaimed. 

 My eyes were wide. "Jay? Are you alright??" I asked quickly.

 "I'm ok...My shoulder just hurts...I'll be fine...Jeez, that alpha really gave me a beating..." 

 I chuckled a little, feeling proud he actually managed to fight him and give him a good beating. "You gave him a good beating too, my love." 

 "She's right, Jay. You did." Joseph replied.

 "You can turn around, Elena." I nodded and slowly turned around. I took in his shirtless appearance. I was really distracted though by his shoulder. It looked bad.

 I walked over and hugged him, being careful of his injured arm. "I love you, Jay...I am so glad you're alright.."

 "I love you too...I'm glad you're alright too, beauty..." Jay whispered into my ear. 

 I smiled, enjoying having my mate in my embrace. However, we weren't like that very long. At that moment, Vicky screamed out Alec's name. I had almost forgotten about them in all the chaos....