Chapter 45

Jay had finally arrived with Kian, Jeff, and Joseph. I got off of Don and stood next to Jay. Jeff grabbed him roughly by the arm and pulled him up. Jay crouched down and placed his hand on my head, scratching behind my ears as he looked angrily at the traitor.

 "Don." Joseph said in a quiet tone. Disbelief laced his voice. Don struggled against Jeff's hold. "You betrayed us....The pack...Your family..."

 "How dare you..." Kian's voice was low. I knew that tone. He was angry. And I grew up with him. I know what he's like when he's angry. He walked up to the warrior and slapped him. 

Don looked at us with fear in his eyes. "P-please have mercy on me! I beg of you!"

 "Why should we?" Jay asked, his eyes dark with anger. Don remained silent, not knowing what to say. "Exactly." Jay stood up and looked at him firmly. "You betray the pack you swore to protect. You throw away our trust like it means nothing to you. You put the life of not just my mate, but everyone else in this pack in danger. You do all of this and you expect us to have mercy on you??"

 "Enough, Gamma Jay." Joseph spoke up. He was in Alpha mode. He was firm and serious. "Warrior Jeff, take Warrior Don and throw him in the dungeon. Beta Kian, Gamma Jay, we will question him and decide his punishment and fate later."

 "Yes, Alpha." Jeff nodded and took a struggling Don away. 

 "Yes, Alpha Joseph." Kian and Jay said in unison. I was not used to seeing Joseph so firm and serious. I wasn't used to seeing him in Alpha mode. 

 I stepped back a little from Jay and shifted back. Joseph sighed heavily and turned to me. "Are you alright, Elena? Don is a powerful, strong warrior. He could have hurt you."

 I nodded. "I'm alright. I caught him off-guard. He tried to escape, but I caught him easily with no problem."

 "Good....What about the girls? Janie? Are they ok?"

 "They're alright. Don't worry, Joseph. They're somewhere safe. If you wish, we can go find them. I think it's safe now." I told him. He and Kian both nodded in response. They looked eager to see Elisa and Janie. I smiled and quickly mind-linked Janie. 

 It wasn't long before we ran into Elisa, Janie, Kallie, Vicky, and Lily. Elisabeth and Janie leaped into their mates' arms. Kian and Joseph held them tightly, taking in their scent. The girls and I hugged each other tight.

 "We're so glad you're alright!" Kallie exclaimed.

 "Do you realize how dangerous and stupid that was?! He could've killed you!" Vicky declared.

 "I know...And I'm sorry...But I had to. Besides, Don was an easy target." I said reassuringly.

 "We understand.." Lily said softly.

 I smiled and turned to the others. "Why don't we continue this girls' day another time and head home?"

 "I think that sounds like a good idea...." Joseph said quietly. He was looking intently at Janie, his hands placed gently on her cheeks.

 "I agree..." Elisa nodded, looking into Kian's eyes. 

 I looked at Jay and smiled. He put his arm around me and smiled. I then glanced back at the girls. "With all honesty, I would really like to get back to Alec.." Vicky said softly. Kallie and Lily nodded in agreement, wanting to get back to their mates. 

 I nodded and we all headed out of the mall. "I'll meet you later on. I want to go see Benny-er-Ben...If it's ok..." Lily spoke up once we were outside.

 I chuckled. "Lily, you can call him Benny around us. We don't mind. We find it quite adorable, honestly." 

 "It is quite cute." Vicky remarked, smirking a little, her arms crossed. 

 Lily was blushing red. "Um...W-well...I-I should get going..."

 "Go ahead, Lil. We'll see you later." Kallie smiled. Lily nodded, giving a small smile, before hurrying away. 

 We chuckled a little before climbing into the car. When we got to the pack house, Kian and Elisa went to go find Rose, as they had left the baby with her and Kallan. Vicky instantly went upstairs to hers' and Alec's room. Alec had been staying with her in the pack house since Vicky found him sick. Kallie went to the living room to find Robert. Joseph and Janie went to their room. Jay and I, we went up to his room. 

 We sat down on his bed and I snuggled into his embrace. He took in my scent, breathing deeply. "You scared me, Elena."

 "I know...I'm sorry...But I'm alright. Really I am, Jay." 

 Jay gave me a small smile. "I'm glad, Elena..." He kissed my forehead before sighing. "Well....We've caught the spy..."

 "Yes.." I said quietly. "Why do you sound disappointed..? Is it because he was a very well trusted warrior?"

 Jay shook his head and sighed. "No...Not really...It's just...Now that we've found the spy, he'll no longer be able to send information to Alpha Richard. He will know that something is wrong when Don doesn't send him the info." Jay paused. I looked at him as he sat there. He looked at me firmly. "I think the war will come much sooner than any of us think. Especially now that we've caught his spy."