Chapter 6

Elisabeth and Kian smiled at us as we entered the room. "Come meet your niece, Lena." Kian replied. I walked over to the bed and smiled. Kian gently placed my little niece in my arms. 

 I looked down at her with a bright smile. "Hello, little angel...Oh, you're so precious...If....never mind.." 

 Kian and Elisabeth frowned as they looked at me. "Elena..?" 

 "Oh! I'm sorry...I'm fine." I laughed it off and quickly changed the subject. "So, what's her name?" 

 Elisabeth looked up at Kian, who nodded with a smile, holding her hand. "We decided to name her, Evelyn. Evelyn Jade."

 "That's a beautiful name.." Janie smiled, walking up to us, Alpha Joseph behind her. 

 "It sure is...Welcome to the world, Little Evelyn.." I said quietly, looking down at the baby with a small smile. I remember mom showing me pictures of when she was little....And, right now, looking at Baby Evelyn....She looks so much like mom....Ok, there's a little Kian in her too, but I really see mom....

 "Elena, are you ok..?" Janie's voice brought me out of my thoughts. That's when I realized I must have been crying. 

 "O-oh...Uh....Yea, yes, I'm fine. I just need to use the ladies room. I'll be back." I said quickly, handing Evelyn to my brother and hurrying out of there. I went to the ladies room and stood in front of the sink, crying. I just missed my parents so much...I had the terrible feeling that something awful has either happened, or it's gonna happen...

 I had been in there for a few minutes, when I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around me in a tight hug. Sparks flew at the touch and I instantly knew it was Jay. "J-Jay..? W-what are you doing in the women's restroom?" I asked. 

 "Shh...I'll explain later..." he said quietly. "Just let it out...I'm here, beauty." I cried on his shoulder for I don't know how long. But I know I felt a little better. 

 After we'd finally left the restroom, I asked how he knew I was in there and why he went in there. 

 "When I got here, I felt my wolf going nuts. He said you were upset and crying. I wasn't really sure where to find you, but when I found the hospital room where Elisabeth, Kian, and the others were, they told me you were in the restroom. I left in a hurry and ran to the restroom. I know it may have been pretty embarrassing and stupid of me to go in a ladies restroom, but I had to go inside....I knew you needed me." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, his cheeks red. 

 I felt myself blushing. "It was sweet you came in after me to comfort me...Thank you, Jay.." I said quietly. 

 "Of course, Elena..." 

 We walked back to the hospital room and hung out a bit longer with Kian, Elisabeth, and Evelyn. Jay looked so cute cradling Evelyn in his arms! I think he'll make a great father one day....Wait what?? Uh-Forget I ever said that. 

 Anyways, after visiting hours ended, I rode home with Jay. Kian rode with Alpha Joseph and Janie. Actually, the Alpha's insisted I call him Joseph. He said he feels more comfortable with people not being so formal. At least the people he's close with. Like, my brother, Elisa, and Jay. And, I suppose, me too now. 

 On the way to my brother's house, Jay asked why I had been crying. "I know it wasn't because you were happy. Those weren't happy tears. Trust me, I know." I raised an eyebrow at his statement, 'Trust me, I know.' 

 "I guess I was just thinking about my mom and dad...Little Evelyn just looks like mom..." 

 Jay nodded and put his hand on mine. "It'll be ok, Elena. I understand more than you know."  

 I frowned in confusion. "What do you mean, Jay..?" He shook his head sadly, as if he were trying to block out a memory. My eyes went wide when I saw tears in his eyes. "Jay?? Are you alright??" 

 He looked at me before quickly wiping the tears away. "Yea...Yea, I'm ok." 

 "What's wrong, Jay?" 

 "I don't want to talk about it..." he said quietly. I slowly nodded my head. I was concerned. Why was he keeping secrets from me? What was he keeping from me?