Chapter 48

It's late afternoon. I am currently out in the field training. And boy, is this field full to the brim! From warriors to pack members, they are all training for the battle. I'm sparring with Jay. He's really good. I figured sparring with him might help me a bit. Jay's usual sparring partner is Jeff, but he's with Kiera, sparring on the other side of the field. I wonder how that's going. Vampire against wolf. 

 Rose, Elanor, Kallan, and Ash were sparring together. They aren't the best when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, but they're trying. They're better when it comes to using their abilities. Elanor, being an elf who doesn't have many physical abilities, is not that bad actually at hand-to-hand combat. 

 Kallan suggested he try to get some of the merfolk or even perhaps just Coral and his brother. But, in the end, we decided it was too risky. The attack could have happened while he was gone, for example. Or, his parents could've caught him in Navaria and he'd be punished.

Janie, to Joseph's surprise, decided to stay back. I understood why. I also knew she hadn't gotten the chance to tell him about the baby. I could only hope she'd be ok...

 We have warriors patrolling the edge of the pack, keeping a lookout for Alpha Richard and his warriors. We're expecting rogues to be joining him, so this will be....interesting...The warriors we have on guard around the pack will mind-link Alpha Joseph who will then mind-link the pack members the second they see something. We're keeping our guard up. We cannot let it down. Not until this battle is over.

 Suddenly, Alpha Joseph's voice echoes in my mind. "They're here! Get ready everyone!"

 I looked at Jay, who nodded. I nodded back before we both shifted at the same time. I let out a powerful roar, letting Rose, Ash, Elanor, and Kallan know it was time. Kiera most likely already knew because she was with Jeff, who would've gotten the mind-link. Kallie, Robert, Vicky, Lily, and Ben are with the others who are staying behind. Alec had insisted and argued about staying behind, but he lost the argument in the end. I only hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

 Jay and I stood side by side, panting heavily. At that moment, I saw wolves, many wolves, running toward us. I growled ferociously when my gaze caught sight of the only human form running among them. Alpha Richard. He bore an evil smirk, like he'd won the war. Well, I got news for him. He hasn't won yet. And he won't. Not if I can help it. He'll pay for what he did to my parents.

 "Ah, the White Tiger. We meet at last." Alpha Richard spoke up. "I see you and your mate have marked one another. How cute." I had almost forgotten our marks were visible on his wolf and my tiger. Jay growled warningly at him, standing in front of me protectively. "Oh, don't worry, Gamma Jay. I won't hurt her. Not yet anyway. We'll be taking care of you and the rest of those....non-wolf monsters first. Then we'll deal with Elena.." 

 "Over my dead body!" a voice yelled from behind Jay and I. 

 I groaned and rolled my eyes. Alec. Of course. Why am I not surprised? I glanced behind me and shot him a glare. He stood there in his full form, although his eyes were shifting from black to red. Vicky stood behind him, looking frustrated and firm. These two are so gonna get it when this is all over.

 "You will never hurt the princess. Not as long as I'm alive." Alec's power was radiating off of him. My eyes went wide. He is one powerful vampire....It was dark and almost creepy. 

 "Princess?? She is no princess, boy. She is a monster! She always will be. That is why she must be des-" the wicked Alpha was cut off by Jay growled menacingly and attacking. I let out a powerful roar and everyone ran into action.

 Alpha Richard and Jay fought each other. I fought the Alpha's Beta and Gamma. Vicky and Alec handled Alpha Richard's top warrior, who was dead in under a minute from the looks of it. 

 I gave Misty control. She growled, wanting nothing more than to tear Alpha Richard to pieces. The Beta and Gamma stopped fighting, looking at me in fear. They were literally shaking.

 "What are you fools doing standing there?! Get her!" the Alpha exclaimed. His anger only seemed to grow. They probably mind-linked him. "Who cares if her eyes changed color?! Kill her you useless idiots!" They nodded and attacked. I rolled my eyes, dodging their attack.

 "Our eyes have changed color because our bond with Jay is so strong! It will give us more power and strength!" Misty exclaimed to me. 

 I smirked. "What are we waiting for then? Let's do this."

 ***********************************************************************************************

 Hey everyone! Surprise, surprise, I've finally managed to write the battle! Haha! I never thought I'd get here.....Anyway, I don't think I'll be writing a close up picture, so to speak, of this battle in the next chapter. But, if you want some close ups, let me know and I will attempt to make it happen. I don't know how good it will be, but, we'll see how it turns out if you all want it. If not, I'm planning just a small bit of the end of the battle. Then we'll just go right into the aftermath of it all. So, yea! That's all I'm planning. I'm not going to spill any major details and spoil the next chapter for you like I do to other people with movies and books in real life, haha! But, yea, if you want something close up and war-like, just let me know in the comments or DM me. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you all in the next one! Bye!