Chapter 14

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Finally, we pulled apart. I gave a shy smile, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

 "Want to go hang out, Elena? Get your mind off everything?" Jay asked gently. I nodded and took his outstretched hand. Jay put his shirt back on, took his back, and while still holding my hand, we walked away from the training field. 

 "Where are we going?" I asked, smiling. 

 "That, my beauty, is a surprise." I giggled, begging him to tell me, but he only smiled and winked at me. I kept quiet, smiling brightly as I held Jay's hand tightly. 

 Finally, we arrived at a fair. My eyes were wide in awe. I'd only been to a fair once with my brother and parents...Kian was fifteen at the time and I was eleven. We are about four years apart from each other in age. It was fun. We went on a Ferris Wheel, merry-go-round, we played games, bought some souvenirs, and we got some ice cream and a soda each. Yes, it was expensive, but we all had fun together as a family. 

 Jay bought the tickets and we went in. "We can go on a couple rides first. Then we can get some lunch." Jay suggested. 

 "Jay, this is going to be expensive. I can't be that worth it. Besides, can you really afford this?" 

 "Elena you are definitely worth it. And yes, I can afford it. Might be a tad tight, but, I've been planning this for days. Just didn't think it'd be now." We both laughed as we walked through the maze of booths and rides. But honestly, I was flattered and, surprised that he had been planning this. 

 "You knew I wanted to come here..?" I asked him. When he nodded, I asked how. I don't remember me telling him. 

 He shrugged. "Kian and I were taking a walk a day before I began planning to take you here. He saw the signs for the fair and said he remembered when he went with you and your parents. He said you all enjoyed it. He told me he wants to take Elisabeth. But anyways, I asked him if there was a chance you would want to come here, and he said, 'Most definitely!'" he ended with Kian's exact words. When he said them, he was imitating Kian. I chuckled and smiled. I think my cheeks were honestly a little red. "So...Was he right...?" Jay asked hesitantly as we stopped in front of the Ferris Wheel. 

 I smiled at him and pecked his cheek. "Most definitely." I replied before dragging him onto the ride. 

 I honestly had so much fun! Jay won me a rhino toy. He was gray with blue sparkly eyes. He had a tag that held his name. Robbie. I loved it! In return, I actually won him something. A ram toy named, Nelly. We went on the merry-go-round after I won Nelly. 

 After we got off, I heard some screaming, that I recognized as my older brother. We followed the noise to the Ferris Wheel and got there in time to see Elisabeth and Kian getting off, Elisa holding tightly onto my brother in a comforting manner. (He's afraid of heights.) 

 "Hi, Kian, Elisa," I smiled, waving. 

 "Oh, h-hey, Lena, J-Jay," Kian smiled shakily. I chuckled and shook my head. 

 "And why did you go on the Ferris Wheel?" Jay asked, his eyebrow raised. 

 "W-well, it's Elisa's favorite ride, so I decided, I'd go on it with her........" Kian told us. 

 Elisabeth shook her head. "I told him he didn't have to go on it with me. I even suggested we skip it entirely. He refused both." she remarked. Jay and I chuckled. 

 "So, Elisa, where's Evelyn?" I asked. 

 "I left her with Janie. Both she and Joseph told us to go hang out. They said we really need it, which I agree with. What we didn't need, was Kian going up on the Ferris Wheel." she glanced over at Kian, who rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. 

 "Let's just forget about this, please...." Kian requested. Elisabeth, Jay, and I laughed. 

 For the rest of the fair, we spent it together, having fun. When we finally left, we bid each other goodbye and parted ways. I went with Jay to the pack house. I don't really know why, but I just did. I didn't feel like being without him tonight. We went up to his room and sat down on the bed. 

 "I had fun today, Jay...Thank you." 

 "I had fun too, beauty." I smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder. His head rested on mine. 

 We sat there for a while in silence, just enjoying each other's company. Finally, Jay broke the silence. 

 "Elena, can I ask you something?" 

 "Of course, Jay. What's on your mind?" 

 "Well...How would you feel if I marked you..?" I raised my head from his shoulder and looked at him. He looked dead serious. Though I could see some hesitation and nervousness in his eyes. "Elena, I want to mark you. I understand if you aren't ready. I will wait until then. But I love you so much. I just can't stand the thought of some guy being able to just take you whenever he wants." I was honestly speechless. I couldn't find any words to say. I looked down, trying to process what I just heard. 

 "Um...Ok, well, I'm just gonna go use the bathroom real quick." Jay cleared his throat and stood up. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't find my voice. Before I knew it, he had left the room. 

 "Why didn't you say anything?? Don't you want him to mark us??" Misty chided. "As long as we don't bare his mark and he doesn't bare ours, anyone could take us.

 "I know, I know...I don't know why I didn't say anything...I was speechless. I want his mark, I really do...It's just...I can't believe it's finally my time...But...I also thought mom and daddy would be here for it..." 

 Misty smiled at me. "I know. I understand. And I'm sorry...

 "It's alright...Let's just wait here for Jay. When he gets back, I'll tell him." Misty nodded and cut off the connection.