Chapter 30

Today, we had another rogue attack. This time, I couldn't join them. Kian locked me in my room! I swear sometimes my brother wants a punch in the face.....I shifted and tried to break down the door. Nothing. What?? Did he 'White Tiger' proof the place?! Ugh...I am so frustrated right now I'm making no sense.

 I looked out my window and saw a flash of color zoom by. It stopped in front of my window. I gasped, my eyes wide. Alec! He seemed to smile in slight satisfaction before running off again. I groaned. What is happening out there...?? Is Jay alright?? What about my brother and friends?? What about Evelyn?? 

 I roared loudly in frustration. I was still in my tiger form. I tried to break down the window, but, nothing happened. Only a sore shoulder. I growled as I lay down. I am going to have a long talk with them when this is all over. I am not gonna sit on the sidelines worrying my stripes off while they're busy fighting a crazed, power hungry alpha! I am going stir crazy just sitting here doing nothing but worrying!

 Finally, after what seemed like FOREVER, my door unlocks and Kian walks in with a guilty look on his face. Oh, brother, what have you done...? My gaze lowered to his arm and I noticed it was covered in blood. I narrowed my eyes at him and stood up. Even his nose was bleeding.

 "Where is Jay?" I asked him through the mind-link. I'm not shifting back until I know he's safe.

 "Um....So, please promise me you won't hurt me first, then I'll tell you...." Kian began. From what this sounds like, it sounds like Jay's been hurt!

 "Fine. I promise." I growled.

 "Can you shift back...?" Kian asked. 

 I growled at him, my eyes still narrowed at him. "Where. Is. My. Mate.?"

 "So....There were a lot of rogues today. Much more than last time. And it got confusing, honestly! I got wacked in the nose so hard, it might be broken. And my arm was bitten pretty badly.-"

 "What are you trying to say, Kian??" I cut him off.

 Kian nodded slowly. "So...Jay was doing real well today. He's in the hospital right now-"

 I growled loudly and jumped on him. "He WHAT?!"

 "Easy, little sister! Calm down! He isn't in critical condition! He'll be ok, the doctor said! I think..." 

 I slowly stepped off of my brother, still looking at him. "Why do you look guilty? Because you locked me in here so I wouldn't help you??"

 "That and...." Kian hesitated. 

 I frowned and cocked my head. "And what, Kian?"

 "In all the confusion, I may have accidentally attacked him....Resulting in most of his injuries...."

 I stared at him in disbelief. "Did he just say what I think he said?!" I exclaimed to Misty.

 My White Tiger nodded slowly, her eyes wide. "I think so...Unless we're both losing our hearing."

 "How in the name of all things good did you manage to do that, Kian?!!" I yelled at him through the mind-link.

 "There were a lot of wolves who looked like his! And I was so involved in getting rid of the rogues, I guess I wasn't paying attention to Jay's scent! I'm sorry, Elena...It really was an accident..."

 I sighed and nuzzled him, knowing how bad he must feel. "It's alright...I won't hurt you. But now I need to find Jay."

 He gave a small smile, stroking behind my ears. "I'll meet you there."

 With that, I ran out of the room and headed straight for the hospital. My heart was pounding. I have a feeling I over-complicating my mate's condition and injuries. When I got to the hospital, I shifted and went to the front desk. 

 "I'm here to see Gamma Jay. I'm his mate, Elena. Is he alright??" I spoke quickly.

 "Ah, Miss Elena." the nurse smiled at me. "He will be alright, miss. He's lost a good amount of blood and his injuries are deep, but he is not in danger."

 I breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you...Can I see him?"

 "Of course. Right this way." the nurse walked out from behind the desk and led me to Jay's room. Part of me is growing to really dislike hospitals...The amount of times I've spent in this place since my birthday is insane! More than a normal sixteen year old should! The only good time I've been in a hospital was when Elisabeth had her baby.

 We stopped in front of a room. I thanked the nurse, who smiled before walking away. I then walked into the room. I gave a small smile when I saw Jay, fast asleep in the bed. My gaze then caught sight of Joseph and Janie. They smiled at me reassuringly. 

 "He's going to be alright." Janie spoke up. I smiled, nodding. 

 "What is happening...? This is the second rogue attack since I've been here...Your pack never gets attacked by rogues! Kian told me over the phone several times that this is the safest pack he's ever seen." I exclaimed.

 Joseph sighed, getting up and walking over to me. "I don't know. But...."

 "But what, Joseph??" I asked impatiently.

 "I think Alpha Richard might be working with rogues. From what our spies tell us, he's been preparing for war. And, if I'm right, and he is working with rogues, then we won't have to wait long until we're facing Alpha Richard face to face in battle."

 My blood ran cold at his words. My eyes were wide. Was he right...? Was my former alpha working with rogues..? Was the war really coming this quickly..?