Chapter 13

It's been a few weeks. Jay has kept his promise to me and hasn't trained as hard as he always did before. Jay and I have actually spent more time together and found two favorite things to do together. Go for a run and let our wolves (or in my case, tiger) out, and, relax in the living room in front of the fireplace, watching a movie and drinking cocoa. We also sometimes have some cookies with our hot chocolate. Honestly, I don't know if I've been happier. 

 I know I would definitely be so much happier if mom, daddy, and my friends were here with me...But I know that can't be....I don't even know if I'll ever see my friends again...I wonder if they're ok...They probably are wondering what ever happened to me and why I left. 

 Well, I decided to find out. I was walking to Joseph's office, hoping he wasn't too busy planning strategies for a war with Alpha Richard. It's fine if he's busy, because I really do want that slime ball alpha to pay for what's he's done. But, I also want to know if Vicky, Kallie, and Lily are alright. Anyways, I had finally reached the office and knocked on the door. 

 "Come in!" I heard Kian's voice call. I guess he was working with Joseph on something. I opened the door and went inside. My brother and Joseph looked up at me. "What's up, little sis?" Kian asked. 

 "Well, I just wondered if it'd be possible to check up on a few people in my old pack.." I began slowly. 

 "Perhaps. I'm sure we can try. Who did you want to check up on?" Joseph nodded. 

 "My three friends, Kallie, Vicky, and Lily. I haven't seen them since the day after my birthday, and even then, I kinda avoided them...I was afraid of someone finding out I was a White Tiger...Not that it mattered, apparently." They both nodded. 

 "We'll do our best and.......hope for better results this time....." Joseph said the last part quietly, but I heard him. I knew very well what he meant. The last time he was checking up on someone for me, well, you all know what we found...

 Well, I thanked Kian and Joseph and left the room. I was honestly afraid for Kallie, Lily, and Vicky...I mean, I don't have a bad feeling and Misty isn't acting weird like she was with mom and daddy, but, still....I just hope nothing has happened or is gonna happen....

 What if Alpha Richard goes to my friends?? What if he harasses them or something?? What if he puts them in his prison and tortures them?? Or worse...Kills them...?? These thoughts just kept running through my mind. Misty was whining, not liking any of these thoughts at all. 

 I went outside, hoping to get some fresh air. I guess I unconsciously walked to the training field, because that's where I ended up somehow. 

 Anyways, I immediately spotted Jay. He had his shirt off and I could clearly see how good he looked. He was fit, muscular but not too muscular. He was strong and athletic looking. Usually I'm not much for a man without a shirt on, but Jay, I think, can pull it off. 

 Well, anyway, I sat down on the bench at the edge of the field. It also holds a water cooler and some paper cups. Beside the bench, is a trash can. Jay's bag, I could see, was on the other side of the bench, next to me. His bag is dark red with navy blue straps. He carried a water bottle, a towel, and he put his shirt in there. I know all this because I went to watch him train a couple days ago. I don't go snooping through his things. 

 I gave a small smile as I watched Jay. As you all probably know by now, he takes his training very seriously. A couple times, he may have over done it a little or he's training hard again, but someone is always there to stop him. And, when he over does it, it's usually when I'm there, thank goodness, so I can take him home. Nothing serious happens, he's just really tired. 

 Jay glanced over my way and smiled, nodding. He never let down his guard, even to wave to me, which is fine. I could see him frown and, before I could say anything, he took a hard punch that knocked him down.

 "Sorry, 'bout that, mate." Jay's sparring partner spoke up with an accent. "You ok?" 

 "I'm alright, thanks, Jeff." 

 "No problem, Jay. You wanna get back to training?" 

 "Actually, I think I'm done for the day. I think my mate needs me." My eyes went wide at Jay's words. 

 "Alright then. Tell her I said hi." Jeff smiled and went to find another sparring partner. Jeff grew up in a pack in Australia. So, he's basically considered Australian. 

 Well, anyway, Jay came walking up to me. I smiled at him, handing him his towel. "Thanks, beauty." 

 "Of course, handsome." We both blushed when I said that. "Um...Are you alright? That hit looked like it hurt." 

 "It did, Elena, but I take painful hits all the time. Some are more painful than others. He didn't hit me in the stomach. Now that, hurts like the dickens." We chuckled as I handed him his water bottle. "So," Jay began, sipping his water, "What's wrong?" 

 "Well, nothing really...I'm just a little concerned is all.." 

 "Concerned about what?"

 "My friends and their safety..." 

 "Your friends back at your previous pack?" he asked. I nodded. "Alpha Richard went after my parents and I know for a fact that he didn't learn anything from them. What if he goes after Vicky, Lily, and Kallie??" 

 Jay frowned and cupped my face in his hands. He looked me straight in the eye seriously. "I promise you, Elena, I will kill Alpha Richard before he kills them." I could see in his eyes he was serious. I could see, that no matter what, he would keep his promise. Even if it killed him.

 I closed my eyes, leaning my head into his hands, placing my hands on his. "I love you, so very much, Jay...You know that...But, I want you to promise me, that you will not put your life at risk. As much as I want my friends safe and Alpha Richard to pay, I don't want to lose you in the process...." I said seriously. 

 "I promise, beauty."