Chapter 37

"But....What are you, Alec...?" Vicky's words rang through all our ears. Alec looked at her with an almost nervous, scared look in his eyes. His grip on her loosened, but Vicky held him tight. Those two were clingy to each other...It was kinda cute, honestly. 

 "Your scent doesn't match a Kallan's, Elanor's, Rosalie's, or Ash's..." Kallie said softly.

 "You aren't a werecat or a werewolf....So...What are you?" Lily asked. 

 Kiera and Alec looked at each other. Jeff put his arms around Kiera, hugging her close from behind. Alec remained silent.

 "Alec...?" Vicky spoke quietly. Jay and I glanced at each other, a little worried.

 "This is why I was going to leave....I can't be here....I can't!"

 "Brother, please-"

 "No, Keira! Once she finds out, she'll leave me! Just like mom left!" Alec cried, tears forming in his red eyes. Our eyes went wide. Kiera looked down sadly.

 "Alec...I'd never leave you...You are my mate. Why...Why would-"

 "Why would I think that?! Because everyone hates my kind! Those who know we exist hate us!" Alec shouted. Vicky whimpered, but she didn't loosen her grip on him.

 "Alec...We know you exist...We don't hate you...None of us do...." Jay spoke up.

 "And I most certainly do not hate your sister, mate." Jeff remarked. "If anything, I love her more than I did when I first laid eyes on her..." Kiera giggled a little and smiled as they nuzzled each other.

 Alec looked at them, frowning sadly. "But she'll hate me....I know it..."

 "Alec, I won't hate you. I swear." Vicky said firmly.

 Alec looked down at her and finally sighed. "I-I'm....a vampire...." His voice was so quiet, I almost couldn't hear him.

 Vicky's eyes were wide. "A v-vampire...?"

 Alec nodded before pulling out of her embrace. Vicky stared at him in shock. "Goodbye, Vicky..." With that, he ran off, becoming nothing but a blur that was soon out of sight.

 "ALEC!!" Vicky screamed. Kallie, Lily, and I hurried over to her and hugged her tight. "Why...?" she whispered as she cried bitterly. I glanced at Jay, who frowned sympathetically. Kiera was being held tightly by Jeff as she cried silently into his chest.

 "Don't worry, Vicky. I'll find him and talk to him." Jay spoke up suddenly. We looked up at him. He was serious. 

 "We both will....I promise, Vicky, everything will be ok..." I said softly.

 Vicky nodded and gave a small smile. I let go of the embrace and took Jay's hand. "Please make sure he's alright..." Vicky said softly.

 "We will." Jay promised. 

 I smiled up at my mate before turning to Jeff, Kallan, Ash, Rose, and Elanor. "Watch over them. Make sure they're ok. That includes Kiera."

 "We will. Don't worry." Jeff nodded. 

 I smiled and nodded at him before walking away with Jay. Questions clouded my mind as we walked. Why did he think she'd hate him? Why did he leave? Why did he think it was too dangerous for him to stay? What happened to him? He's just a vampire....But surely that doesn't make him evil and dangerous....Right?

***********************************************************************************************

 Hey, everyone! I am very sorry for posting such a short chapter. I'll try to make the next one longer to make up for it. This is painful, trust me. I do not like posting chapters this short....I hope it was worth the read, though. Enjoy! See you in the next chapter. :)