Chapter 39

We finally made it back to the beach, where the others were all waiting. Alec stood behind us. I could tell part of him wanted to run away. 

 "Alec..?" Vicky asked hopefully. Jay and I smiled and stepped aside. Alec looked scared.

 "Vicky...I-I..." Alec spoke in a quiet voice. 

 "Alec!" Vicky rushed over and hugged him tightly, refusing to let him go. "I am never letting you go again! Don't you ever even think about it, Alec!" Alec stood there, stunned. Tears of joy formed in his eyes, a smile forming on his face.

 "I told you it was possible, brother.." Kiera spoke up. She let go of Jeff's hand and joined the hug. "I love you, brother..."

 "I love you, my Alec..."

 "I love you too...So much..." Alec whispered. 

 The others watched the three, smiling happily. Lily and Kallie looked really happy for Vicky. And I was really happy for her too. I knew she'd been waiting a while for this.

 "Now Lily just needs to find her mate so we can go on that quadruple date we always wanted to have!" Kallie exclaimed excitedly.

 I chuckled at her enthusiasm. The four of us had always wanted to have a 'quadruple date' so to speak. You know how people have double dates? Well, that's what we wanted, only all of us plus our mates. Lily was never really in a big rush to find her mate. She's excited of course, but she's happy with us. We've always been there for each other since we became friends. When Lily's guardian, Josephine, was killed, we were there for her. Vicky's parents took her in and welcomed her into the family. The girls are like the sisters I never had. And I know that Vicky and Lily are just as close as sisters. Possibly less fights though....Lily tries to avoid conflict as much as possible.

 And since moving here to the Black Diamond Pack, my family has grown so much bigger. It isn't just Kian, Elisa, Evelyn, and Jay. It's Joseph and Janie. Kallan, Ash, Rose, and Elanor. Kiera, Jeff, and Alec. They have all become my family. No one will ever replace mom and daddy. But I know that they'd be so proud of me. And, I think that...They would have really liked Jay. They would've loved Evelyn, I know that. Not just because she's their granddaughter. But because she's a baby and is so cute! She has a good set of lungs though...But, then again, pretty sure every baby does. Well, just about every baby. 

 "Why don't we leave them alone for a little while?" I suggested. 

 "Aww! Do we have to? Vicky and Alec are so cute!" Kallie groaned.

 Robert laughed. "We'll see them later, cupcake." 

 "Ok..." 

 "Why don't we go show you around the pack? There's a good cafe a few miles from the pack house." I offered.

 "Oh! Yes! That cafe is so good! They have these mini cupcakes that are just amazing." Rose declared. Kallan chuckled as he looked at his girlfriend with a fond smile.

 "Cupcakes? Well, let's go!" Kallie said eagerly. She really liked cupcakes. It's why Robert chose the nickname, cupcake, for her. But don't be fooled by her love for cupcakes. She's really good in sports.

 We all laughed and bid Jeff, Kiera, Vicky, and Alec goodbye before walking away. Kiera and Jeff knew the pack pretty well. Jeff knows it best because it's apart of his job as warrior to patrol the pack and keep it safe. Especially the pack borders. Kiera's gotten to know it well because she's stuck to Jeff like glue. Alec and Vicky, obviously, don't know the pack very well. Without Kiera and Jeff, they'd get lost most likely trying to find their way back.

 Anyways, we all made our way to the cafe by the pack house. Kallie, Lily, and Robert gazed in awe at our surroundings. 

 "This pack is really beautiful...And so big." Kallie remarked.

 "Joseph's been really successful with it." Jay nodded. "We've really thrived under him. The flowers and greenery were Janie's idea. A nice touch if you ask me." 

 "It's amazing." Robert nodded.

 "Definitely. What do you think, Lil?" Kallie asked, turning to Lily. Lily seemed a little preoccupied however. Kallie frowned. "Lily? Lily!"

 Lily jumped and looked at Kallie. "Huh? Did you say something?"

 "I asked what you thought of the pack." Kallie said slowly, clearly confused and concerned.

 "Oh! It's beautiful," Lily smiled. She seemed to be sniffing the air. 

 "Lily, are you ok?" I asked.

 "Oh, yes, I'm ok, Elena. I just...I keep smelling something...Something really amazing..." Lily spoke quietly. I looked over at Jay, who shrugged. 

 "I don't smell anything." Kallie stated.

 "Neither do we." I replied.

 Lily looked excited, hopeful, and nervous. "Do you think it's my mate?" she asked.

 "It could be. If you're smelling something amazing that none of us can smell, that is the only explanation I can think of." Jay smiled at her. "Which way is it coming from?"

 "Please say the cafe..." Rose and Kallie said in unison. I laughed. Rose really enjoyed going to the cafe. And Kallie, well, we all know she wants her cupcakes I think.

 "It's coming from over that way." Lily pointed to a small, white building. 

 "That's the cafe," I told them. 

 "Let's go then!" Lily grabbed my hand and nearly dragged me the entire rest of the way. I laughed, looking back at Jay, who was being dragged along with me, seeing as we had been holding hands the whole time. He was smiling and chuckling.

 "Wait for us!" Robert called out. I smiling and looked back to see the others following after us. Rose and Ash had transformed to their fairy form and were carrying Kallan and Elanor. They could fly pretty fast so it doesn't surprise me they had decided to fly. 

 I could see Lily was really excited. I've never seen her like this before. I'm really happy for her. And I can hardly wait to meet her mate.