Chapter 17

Jay was looking a little tired. Probably due to the shock he had, the exciting day we had, and the fact he's still recovering. I've noticed he can can get tired easily after he was off bed rest. 

 "Jay, can I help make the sandwiches?" I asked when we got to the kitchen. 

 "Sure, beauty. I think I'd be grateful for the help." he smiled at me. "You guys can have a seat if you like." Jay turned to the guests, who nodded. 

 "Thank you, Prince Gamma." Ash bowed his head. 

 "Please don't call me prince...And you really don't have to bow," Jay said, looking very uncomfortable. 

 I wondered if the thought of being king or prince bothered him. Why? He's already Gamma. He'd be really good at being king. I know he can't really be king and Gamma at the same time. I don't think that's what's bugging him. Now that I'm marked, I can feel his feelings. Jay feels...anxious...for some reason...I'll have to talk to him later. 

 Anyways, Jay and I prepared the sandwiches and set them before the visitors, who ate them very willingly. They seemed very hungry. "These are great sandwiches!" Rose said, between bitefuls. 

 Kallan was a little red as he gave a small smile. "You have a little mustard on your chin. Here," he replied, taking his napkin and wiping the fairy's chin. Rose was really blushing. 

 "They are so cute," I whispered to Jay, who nodded with a smile.

 Well, we introduced the guests to Joseph and Janie after that. They welcomed them to the pack and gave them a a room to stay in. Kallan and Rosalie shared one, as did Ash and Elanor. I was going to spend the night with Jay. I didn't really want to leave him. Tomorrow I plan to go to Joseph and ask about my friends. I'm a little worried about them...

 I crawled into the bed beside Jay. "Beauty, what's wrong?"  he asked me. I rolled over and faced him. He put his hand on my cheek and I placed my hand on his. 

"I'm just a little worried about Vicky, Kallie, and Lily...What if he got to them...? What if they don't like me anymore...?" 

 "Now why wouldn't they like you anymore, beauty? That's ridiculous." Jay chuckled, but I was serious. 

 "Because I lied to them and said I never shifted when in fact I did! Because I didn't tell them I was a White Tiger! Because I never said goodbye to them when I left! Because some people don't like White Tigers!" 

 Jay remained silent, a slight frown on his handsome face. He finally sighed. "Elena, those are all very good points. But, if they are true friends, they will forgive you. They may be mad, but, eventually, they'll forgive you...And as for the Alpha, I'll make sure he doesn't harm them. He'd have to kill me before he can harm you or anyone else you care about." I smiled and allowed him to kiss my cheek. It wasn't long before my mate was sound asleep.

 I frowned as I lay there in that bed, listening to his soft snores. "But I care about you too..." I thought.

*The Next Day*

 "So, according to the spies we've sent to your pack, your friends are fine...For now..." Joseph said, looking up at me from behind his desk.

 I had left Jay's room at about 9:30. I wanted to talk to Joseph. He told me that he had sent some spies there back when he was checking up on my parents. 

 "What do you mean 'for now'....?" I asked hesitantly. 

 "Well...Alpha Richard is getting angry and impatient. I have word he's getting ready for war...." 

 "War?!" 

 "I'm afraid so. I plan to send the women and children away to my cousin's pack. I've been trying to make arrangements, but now, Janie's mad at me. So's Elisabeth."

 I get why they're mad. I also get why he wants to send them away. Like, Elisa just had a baby, so like, she needs to be protected. Her and Evelyn. But...I also had another feeling. Misty had it too. 

 "They won't be safe...He's going to tear this pack and any other pack apart until he finds me. And he might not even stop when he does. I know him. I lived in his pack. I know what he is capable of." I said firmly. 

 "Are you saying that the women and children will not be safe anywhere?" 

 "Yes. I think I know you well enough by now that you also want to send me away. Right?" 

 "Yes.." Joseph nodded slowly. 

 "He will hunt me down. Tearing each and every pack apart until he finds and kills me. And, just because you were protecting and sheltering me, he'd tear this pack apart too. What we need to do is-" I suddenly frowned, sensing someone nearby. I mind-linked Joseph. He mind-linked his spy, who told him that Alpha Richard had a spy in our pack. 

 "But I think, Elena, that if we find a pack that is many miles away, he would never find them." he said in a loud voice. 

 I nodded, catching on to what he was doing. "You might be right...I guess I'm just paranoid, nervous, and scared." 

 "Good. Now that you are in agreement, I will make preparations to send you as well as all other women and children there at once." 

 I nodded and left the room. I felt like I was being followed, but it soon was gone. I sighed in relief when I reached the kitchen. "A spy is in our midst..? Who...?"